Sign in with
Your question

Has ANYONE upgraded the mobo on a Dell Dimension 4700?

Last response: in Motherboards
April 24, 2009 9:41:50 AM

This is really starting to worry me! Apparently you cant upgrade the mobo on Dells?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? So have anyone 4700 users or poeple who know about them ever upgraded the mobo and CPU? Because i need to and i know what i need to get........................so tell me is the mobo in the 4700 ATX? or something different?
So basically cna you upgrade the mobo on a 4700?

And another question: Is the 4700 fully custumizable? I mean will i be able to change EVERY part of it so its completely custom built?

Thanks in advacne guys :) 
a b V Motherboard
April 24, 2009 1:01:33 PM

zackzd said:
This is really starting to worry me! Apparently you cant upgrade the mobo on Dells?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? So have anyone 4700 users or poeple who know about them ever upgraded the mobo and CPU? Because i need to and i know what i need to get........................so tell me is the mobo in the 4700 ATX? or something different?
So basically cna you upgrade the mobo on a 4700?

And another question: Is the 4700 fully custumizable? I mean will i be able to change EVERY part of it so its completely custom built?

Thanks in advacne guys :) 

Bottom line...if you want to upgrade the motherboard in a Dell, then you might as well just start from scratch and build a custom computer. Depending on the Dell, you may be able to pull parts out and use them in the new machine, i.e.; memory, processor, video card (if not using onboard), hard drive, CD/DVD-ROM. A lot of what Dell builds can and may be proprietary and not necessarily compatible with a custom build.
a c 435 V Motherboard
April 24, 2009 1:09:07 PM

You can try a standard micro atx board. If it doesn't fit the dell case, then be prepared to start over with a new case. The dell power supply is only 305 watts, so any high end video card won't work. Fry's has a single core athon cpu with board for $69.99 in today's ad, if you want a cheap upgrade. It should work with your old ddr2 memory.
April 24, 2009 5:26:38 PM

if i wanted to start over with a new case.......wat exactly would i have to do? (i dont want a tutorial just a basic idea)
!