Sign in with
Your question

Pagefault in non paged area bsod after windows installs unknown updates

Last response: in Windows 7
September 12, 2011 5:51:36 PM

last night before I shut my pc down I was fiddling with windows updates. all I did was make sure that it was set to not install anything automatically and ask me before it does anything. Then oddly enough when I shut down it said it was installing windows updates yet I did not see any updates ready to install before I shut down so I was very confused. I let it do its thing and then it finally shut down. Now when I start the pc today I get a blue screen of death that says pagefault_in_non_paged_area when Windows was finalizing the update install..it rebooted again, tried once more to finalize updates and got another bsod. I rebooted into safe mode at next reboot and it said it was uninstalling the updates because windows failed to load. It restarted normally and it said it was uninstalling and then bsod again. This time when I started up the system repair option came on. I let it do its thing but the issue couldnt be auto fixed it said. I clicked the details and there was signature 07 saying BadDriver. The details are sketchy from here because im having a hard time remembering them, but it let me go into system recovery so i chose to roll back to the time where it showed there was a windows update installed at like 1AM(there was not however, i have no clue why it said this). It wasnt able to roll back to that point and let me choose another. I instead chose to run the memory diagnostics. Windows rebooted and stuck on my bios splash screen. i restarted and it stuck once again. so mow my pc wont even get past post. Im so furious right now, this is just a chain of such nonsense events. I guess i will clear the CMOS and go from there as I await any advice
September 12, 2011 6:15:46 PM

well the pc booted without having to clear cmos. went right into memtest, passed fine. Then voes on to try and start and i see a brief flash of bsod i cant read and reboots. Going back into system recovery again... Attempting system restore from sometime earlier yesterday... And i get an error. "unspecified error ocurred during system restore (0x8000fff). Ugh. If this is going to turn out to be a Windiws reinstakl iver such nonsense...
m
l
September 12, 2011 6:58:54 PM

Try changing the size of the pagefile or running a defrag on the computer.
m
l
Related resources
September 12, 2011 7:27:31 PM

i just went with a windows reinstall. i just set it up two days ago so i figured screw it, this nonsense put me in a bad mood, and between that and this booting issue out of nowhere, i just reset the cmos and went with a reinstall, not taking 2 days dealing with windows' whiney baby nonsense figuring out what is what
m
l
September 16, 2011 3:32:32 PM

August 2011 also had a problem with window update crashing my computer, I removed update Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems (KB2468871) and Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems (KB2533523) and I stopped getting BSOD.

September 2011, I downloaded windows updates and both of my computers BSOD

So I removed (KB2616676), 24 hours later and the system is stable on both computers...

I will keep an eye on it and will keep you posted if anything happen...

August and September before downloading windows updates both system were stable...

I can not believe is that every time Microsoft screw up big time with theirs patches they blame that the computer user have a virus or Malware...Maybe it is time for them to change their stupid excuses...

Both computers have window 7 64x...

Alienware Aurora ALX, gt 480, Intel 920

MSI gt780r sandy bridge 2720 and GTX 560m

The point is that from now on I will be afraid to download Microsoft updates :fou:  :fou:  :fou: 

m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 16, 2011 4:22:28 PM

velz said:
i just went with a windows reinstall. i just set it up two days ago so i figured screw it, this nonsense put me in a bad mood, and between that and this booting issue out of nowhere, i just reset the cmos and went with a reinstall, not taking 2 days dealing with windows' whiney baby nonsense figuring out what is what

That's what is a problem solved . I like it. Windows update updated something before u changed it to not to do a damn thing without me:)  and went to install it on shut down.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 16, 2011 4:47:35 PM

Actually it seems MS does not like you deciding what to install and so even with it set to not install them unless you tell it to will still have it set to install them if you use the Windows start button (bottom left of screen shown in pic below) -- I have mine setup the same way because I'd rather install them once a month after reading the details when I have some time to troubleshoot if something like this happens due to the updates ! -- you have to log off the account and use that screens options to shut down if you want to do it without installing the updates ! ( Since MS knows better than you if the updates are needed ! )

m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 16, 2011 5:22:21 PM

Right, I have update services off til I want to update.
m
l
!