ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 Power On Issue

tbonethomas

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2009
Hey all, I'm really hoping you can help me because I've sent back a motherboard once already (had the computer working for 20 days and then it just stopped. After trying different things without success I concluded it was the mobo and sent it back). Anyway, I got the replacement mobo and hooked everything up. When I press the power button it all the lights and fans flash on briefly (less than a second) then it all just turns off, no POST, no BIOS beeps, nothing. I did a bench test so it's not touching any metal. The odd thing is that if I unplug the 12V EATX power cord all of the lights and fans stay on, but it (obviously) doesn't POST or beep or anything. Any ideas?

Thanks

dreuzel

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
had the same problem, briefly ... when powerbutton on powersupply
is used, just reaplying power seems to fix everything...

dreuzel

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009

dreuzel

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009

tbonethomas

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2009
What do you mean by reapplying power?

As a side note: I forgot to mention before that I've ruled out the power supply by using a different one. I've tested each of the 3 sticks of RAM individually. I've also used a different video card.

chinh_n

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
tbonethomas,

check the cmos battery for proper placement. I had mine in backwards and it will not post. or anything. For troubleshooting purpose, remove the battery and try to boot up.

only1solution

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2009
after getting my brand new system I am having the same exact problem. The fans spin for 2 seconds and an led near the DIMM ports flashes and then nothing. Have tried 2 psu so far with the same result and have checked all the power connections and the battery and it still won' turn on.

davidtrusiki

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
I have the same problem, i just take out the motherboard battery and put it back in and it works again. im getting sick of this, whats up with asus?

mutmonk

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009

make sure the bios chip is pressed in the socket! I have tried for several weeks, to troubleshoot. then my seven year old son, came and told me if i have checked the bios chip, and there ! computer fixed :)

davidtrusiki

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
my comp is fixed. i guess after a while it just started to work haha. i just put in a stock cpu fan and then replaced it back with the good one i have. And i overclocked it. for some reason the comp only works really nicely overclocked. it doesn't bother me because i keep it overclocked. lol and ,make sure u have 6gb of ram for it. that was my last issue.