Voldmod for Gainward 8600 1GB?

Hiniberus

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
'lo

I've recently started to OC my graphics card though I've come to a standpoint where I can't continue any further due to the screen picking up artifacts, one suggestion by a friend of mine was to voltmod it and so I'm here asking if anyone here knows of a program that can help with my current problem. While I've gone through the NVIDIA and ATI BIOS modding guide, without the screenshots (and the possibility of it being out dated?) lead me to asking you guys here.

Any and all suggestions are welcome and I thank you in advance

blashyrkh

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2007
I would suggest to not even TRY to OC an 8600 because their permormance to begin with, is pretty much terrible. I would suggest buying a new card like a 4870 which can be found for around 130-140$.
The 8600 gpu is so bad that it's not worth oCing, neverming volt modding it

Hiniberus

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009

Well actually I managed to OC it and it's keeping up a bit (Sure not everything on high and whatnot but still managing to work for now) thing is that, as much as I'd like to get a 4k series from ATI I'm waiting for the 5K series to drop down in price a bit so then I may as well jump to the x11 ship rather than continue on the x10 ya know?

(Btw 4/5k series = 4xxx / 5xxx and x11/x10 = Direct X 11/10 so readers wouldn't get confused)

Sadly I got the 8600 while I was still a tech novice, had I known better I'd have looked about for a Radeon ._.;