Poll: How big...

Last response: in Video Games
January 29, 2005 2:52:12 AM

How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?

Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D  The
Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.

More about : poll big

January 29, 2005 2:52:13 AM

"Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message
> How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
>
> Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D  The
> Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.

1.29 Gb, 5687 files

--Poppy
January 29, 2005 2:52:13 AM

wow only 656 mb cool guess I've behaved since I got this game lol

"Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message
> How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
>
> Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D  The
> Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.

January 29, 2005 2:52:13 AM

"Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message
> How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
>
> Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D  The
> Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.

1.12 gig, and I'm on dial-up.
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 2:52:13 AM

"Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message
> How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
>
> Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D  The
> Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.

527MB.
I move any snapshots soon as I can and have killed all Maxi included snaps.
I also remove eyecandy from neighbourhood screens
Stortytelling is 2.03MB.

Granny.
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 2:52:13 AM

Size queen. ;-)

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

Iris McAlias wrote:
> How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
>
> Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D  The
> Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.

==
7.12MB 4,255 downloads
Glad to see people have more,I was afraid of reaching a limit...I have a
bright future!
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 2:52:13 AM

Iris McAlias wrote:
> How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
>
> Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots
> :D  The Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.

Hmmm. 1.1 Gigs, 3000 files.
January 29, 2005 2:52:13 AM

Iris McAlias wrote:
> How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
>
> Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D  The
> Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.

Mine is 916MB and I don't take screenshots very often. I think maybe
I've taken 3? Mine is probably in the downloads. I'm addicted!

Ali
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 2:52:13 AM

"Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message
> How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
>
> Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D  The
> Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.

452Mb - no downloads except 3 objects from Maxis
January 29, 2005 2:52:13 AM

> 3.15GB/10,816 files.
> Downloads alone is 2.19GB/8,345 files.
>
> ~Deborah~

Ah Deb...I'm sorry I have to steal thy thunder
I win... 15.4 GB 9,990 files
Download Folder: 836MB (you win there!)
I take a lot of pictures, a lot of videos,
remember I love storytelling
But I am an official download junkie

- D
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 2:52:13 AM

"Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message
> How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
>
> Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D  The
> Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.

716 MB

Gareeth
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 2:52:14 AM

Hi,

Newby here...

Where can I download superheroclothes/skins?

Ta

"Poppy" <aldermere@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message
>> How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
>>
>> Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D
>> The
>> Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.
>>

> 1.29 Gb, 5687 files
>
> --Poppy

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 2:52:14 AM

> Stortytelling is 2.03MB.

Somebody please enlighten me:

What's the point of this whole storytelling feature?
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 2:52:14 AM

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Jeremy Reaban wrote:
> Iris McAlias wrote:
> > How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
> >
> > Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots
> > :D  The Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.
>
> Hmmm. 1.1 Gigs, 3000 files.

Hmmm. Did Maxis finally figure out the joys of grouping files together
into fewer, giant files (like the *.pak files from the Quake games) for TS2?
'Cos Deluxe Edition (TS1+LL), with only the official downloads, is about
1.15GB and over 15500 files. :p  Okay, probably not fair to compare sizes
'til University gets out, but still... :)

January 29, 2005 2:52:15 AM

>> Stortytelling is 2.03MB.
>
> Somebody please enlighten me:
>
> What's the point of this whole storytelling feature?

People put them on the web for other people to read.

GCA
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 2:52:15 AM

Joseph William Dixon wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Jeremy Reaban wrote:
>> Iris McAlias wrote:
>>> How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
>>>
>>> Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many
screenshots

>> Hmmm. 1.1 Gigs, 3000 files.
>
> Hmmm. Did Maxis finally figure out the joys of grouping files
> together into fewer, giant files (like the *.pak files from the
Quake
> games) for TS2? 'Cos Deluxe Edition (TS1+LL), with only the official
> downloads, is about
> 1.15GB and over 15500 files. :p  Okay, probably not fair to compare
> sizes 'til University gets out, but still... :)

They did actually, but we're just talking about our downloads and save
game folder.

Each downloaded object is one file and each sim pretty much has it's
own file.

The Game itself is 2.7 gigs and 1400 files (most of which are for the
sample neighborhoods)
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 3:04:58 AM

Mine is 2.82 gig but I download HEAPS!!! I mean HEAPS :)  says I have 6,860
files in there :)

~ jo

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=...
"Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message
> How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
>
> Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D  The
> Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 9:41:58 AM

991MB - but I just lost all my collections because I forgot to back them up
before forcing the TheSims to refill the folder anew. Oh, and then there's
the bunch of downloaded objects I renamed, had to delete and didn't put back
and all the skins I deleted because I didn't know where I'd got them from.
So God only knows what it should be.

MM

"Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message
> How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
>
> Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D  The
> Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 11:37:27 AM

"D" <just@ask.com> wrote in message
news:D 5AKd.138953$K7.60517@news-server.bigpond.net.au...

>> 3.15GB/10,816 files.
>> Downloads alone is 2.19GB/8,345 files.
>>
>> ~Deborah~
>>

> Ah Deb...I'm sorry I have to steal thy thunder
> I win... 15.4 GB 9,990 files
> Download Folder: 836MB (you win there!)
> I take a lot of pictures, a lot of videos,
> remember I love storytelling
> But I am an official download junkie

249 MB. 8)))) Yuk, yuk, yuk.
But it is a new install and I have killed off Strangething and that
Shakespear place, imported my own map and have only one Sim in residence.
Me. 8)

Ask me again in a week. 8(

Granny.
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 9:06:30 PM

I must be downloading tooooooo much. I have 5.83G.

"Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message
> How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
>
> Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D  The
> Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 9:59:48 PM

haha my downloads folder is exactly 2.19gig also!! lol

"~Deborah~" <deborah@thoughtsinterruptedNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> "Iris McAlias" wrote:
>> How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
>>
>> Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D
>> The
>> Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.
>
> I win!
> 3.15GB/10,816 files.
> Downloads alone is 2.19GB/8,345 files.
>
> ~Deborah~

Anonymous
January 30, 2005 7:29:02 AM

uh.. 2.23 GB, but the drive is compressed, so the size on disk is 1.87 GB :p

"Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message
> How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
>
> Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D  The
> Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.

Anonymous
January 30, 2005 7:29:03 AM

"etta thorick" <ethorick@telus.net> wrote in message
> uh.. 2.23 GB, but the drive is compressed, so the size on disk is 1.87 GB
> :p
>
> "Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message
>> How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
>>
>> Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D
>> The Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.

If anyone is using the
boltrope testingCheatEnabled true
cheat.
You may need to delete the files in the
My Documents/The Sims 2/Logs

That cheat generates logs files.
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 7:29:04 AM

"Davybear" <Davybear@adelphia.net> wrote in message

> "etta thorick" <ethorick@telus.net> wrote in message
>> uh.. 2.23 GB, but the drive is compressed, so the size on disk is 1.87 GB
>> :p
>>
>> "Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message
>>> How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
>>>
>>> Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D
>>> The Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.
>>>

> If anyone is using the
> boltrope testingCheatEnabled true
> cheat.
> You may need to delete the files in the
> My Documents/The Sims 2/Logs
>
> That cheat generates logs files.

That should have read.
boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true

Spell checker changed it.
January 30, 2005 1:07:11 PM

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 23:52:12 +1100, "Iris McAlias" <none@none.none>
dared speak in front of ME:

>How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?

Mine is 0 mb. I seem to be the only one here who's still playing the
original...

--
Address no longer works.
try removing all numbers from

"Davybear" <Davybear@adelphia.net> wrote in message

> If anyone is using the
> boltrope testingCheatEnabled true
> cheat.
> You may need to delete the files in the
> My Documents/The Sims 2/Logs
>
> That cheat generates logs files.

Yes, I see several different files in that folder. So it is safe to
delete all
those files??
Also, since I don't do movies, at times while trying for the cheat
window, it
snaps a picture so can I delete all the snapshots in the Storytelling
folder?

Wonder what else we could clean up to save space?

...........B
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 6:25:41 PM

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005, Kaos wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 23:52:12 +1100, "Iris McAlias" <none@none.none>
> dared speak in front of ME:
>
> >How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
>
> Mine is 0 mb. I seem to be the only one here who's still playing the
> original...

Nope. Original's (well, Deluxe Edition) all I can afford (and, even if I
*could* afford TS2, its sysreqs are such that it'd probably blow up my comp
if I tried to run it :p ).
[currently Googling around to see if there's any way to stuff floor tiles
& wall textures in a .FAR and still have them recognized by the game - no
problem creating the .FARs, but the latter... Just hate having files
everywhere - DE's default of 15500 or so is more than enough without adding
to the mess :p ]

February 17, 2005 6:37:41 PM

"Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message
> How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?

I'm feeling a lot better. Mine's only 1.15Gb and 3711 files. No
screenshots, though; all downloads & such.

Joanna
!