Poll: How big...

How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?

Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D The
Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.
28 answers Last reply
More about poll

    "Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message
    > How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
    >
    > Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D The
    > Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.

    1.29 Gb, 5687 files

    --Poppy

    wow only 656 mb cool guess I've behaved since I got this game lol

    "Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message
    > How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
    >
    > Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D The
    > Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.

    "Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message
    > How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
    >
    > Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D The
    > Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.

    1.12 gig, and I'm on dial-up.

    "Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message
    > How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
    >
    > Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D The
    > Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.

    527MB.
    I move any snapshots soon as I can and have killed all Maxi included snaps.
    I also remove eyecandy from neighbourhood screens
    Stortytelling is 2.03MB.

    Granny.

    Size queen. ;-)

    --
    --Cuth

    Iris McAlias wrote:
    > How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
    >
    > Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D The
    > Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.

    ==
    7.12MB 4,255 downloads
    Glad to see people have more,I was afraid of reaching a limit...I have a
    bright future!

    Iris McAlias wrote:
    > How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
    >
    > Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots
    > :D The Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.

    Hmmm. 1.1 Gigs, 3000 files.

    Iris McAlias wrote:
    > How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
    >
    > Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D The
    > Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.

    Mine is 916MB and I don't take screenshots very often. I think maybe
    I've taken 3? Mine is probably in the downloads. I'm addicted!

    Ali

    "Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message
    > How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
    >
    > Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D The
    > Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.

    452Mb - no downloads except 3 objects from Maxis

    > 3.15GB/10,816 files.
    > Downloads alone is 2.19GB/8,345 files.
    >
    > ~Deborah~

    Ah Deb...I'm sorry I have to steal thy thunder
    I win... 15.4 GB 9,990 files
    Download Folder: 836MB (you win there!)
    I take a lot of pictures, a lot of videos,
    remember I love storytelling
    But I am an official download junkie

    - D

    "Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message
    > How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
    >
    > Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D The
    > Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.

    716 MB

    Gareeth

    Hi,

    Newby here...

    Where can I download superheroclothes/skins?

    Ta

    "Poppy" <aldermere@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > "Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message
    >> How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
    >>
    >> Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D
    >> The
    >> Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.
    >>

    > 1.29 Gb, 5687 files
    >
    > --Poppy

    > Stortytelling is 2.03MB.

    Somebody please enlighten me:

    What's the point of this whole storytelling feature?

    On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Jeremy Reaban wrote:
    > Iris McAlias wrote:
    > > How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
    > >
    > > Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots
    > > :D The Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.
    >
    > Hmmm. 1.1 Gigs, 3000 files.

    Hmmm. Did Maxis finally figure out the joys of grouping files together
    into fewer, giant files (like the *.pak files from the Quake games) for TS2?
    'Cos Deluxe Edition (TS1+LL), with only the official downloads, is about
    1.15GB and over 15500 files. :P Okay, probably not fair to compare sizes
    'til University gets out, but still... :)

    >> Stortytelling is 2.03MB.
    >
    > Somebody please enlighten me:
    >
    > What's the point of this whole storytelling feature?

    People put them on the web for other people to read.

    GCA

    Joseph William Dixon wrote:
    > On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Jeremy Reaban wrote:
    >> Iris McAlias wrote:
    >>> How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
    >>>
    >>> Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many
    screenshots

    >> Hmmm. 1.1 Gigs, 3000 files.
    >
    > Hmmm. Did Maxis finally figure out the joys of grouping files
    > together into fewer, giant files (like the *.pak files from the
    Quake
    > games) for TS2? 'Cos Deluxe Edition (TS1+LL), with only the official
    > downloads, is about
    > 1.15GB and over 15500 files. :P Okay, probably not fair to compare
    > sizes 'til University gets out, but still... :)

    They did actually, but we're just talking about our downloads and save
    game folder.

    Each downloaded object is one file and each sim pretty much has it's
    own file.

    The Game itself is 2.7 gigs and 1400 files (most of which are for the
    sample neighborhoods)

    Mine is 2.82 gig but I download HEAPS!!! I mean HEAPS :) says I have 6,860
    files in there :)

    ~ jo

    http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269
    "Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message
    > How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
    >
    > Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D The
    > Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.

    991MB - but I just lost all my collections because I forgot to back them up
    before forcing the TheSims to refill the folder anew. Oh, and then there's
    the bunch of downloaded objects I renamed, had to delete and didn't put back
    and all the skins I deleted because I didn't know where I'd got them from.
    So God only knows what it should be.

    MM

    "D" <just@ask.com> wrote in message

    >> 3.15GB/10,816 files.
    >> Downloads alone is 2.19GB/8,345 files.
    >>
    >> ~Deborah~
    >>

    > Ah Deb...I'm sorry I have to steal thy thunder
    > I win... 15.4 GB 9,990 files
    > Download Folder: 836MB (you win there!)
    > I take a lot of pictures, a lot of videos,
    > remember I love storytelling
    > But I am an official download junkie

    249 MB. 8)))) Yuk, yuk, yuk.
    But it is a new install and I have killed off Strangething and that
    Shakespear place, imported my own map and have only one Sim in residence.
    Me. 8)

    Ask me again in a week. 8(

    Granny.

    I must be downloading tooooooo much. I have 5.83G.

    "Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message
    > How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
    >
    > Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D The
    > Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.

    haha my downloads folder is exactly 2.19gig also!! lol

    "~Deborah~" <deborah@thoughtsinterruptedNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > "Iris McAlias" wrote:
    >> How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
    >>
    >> Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D
    >> The
    >> Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.
    >
    > I win!
    > 3.15GB/10,816 files.
    > Downloads alone is 2.19GB/8,345 files.
    >
    > ~Deborah~

    uh.. 2.23 GB, but the drive is compressed, so the size on disk is 1.87 GB :P

    "etta thorick" <ethorick@telus.net> wrote in message
    > uh.. 2.23 GB, but the drive is compressed, so the size on disk is 1.87 GB
    > :P
    >
    > "Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message
    >> How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
    >>
    >> Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D
    >> The Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.

    If anyone is using the
    boltrope testingCheatEnabled true
    cheat.
    You may need to delete the files in the
    My Documents/The Sims 2/Logs

    That cheat generates logs files.

    "Davybear" <Davybear@adelphia.net> wrote in message

    > "etta thorick" <ethorick@telus.net> wrote in message
    >> uh.. 2.23 GB, but the drive is compressed, so the size on disk is 1.87 GB
    >> :P
    >>
    >> "Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message
    >>> How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
    >>>
    >>> Mine is 978MB. That's huge! But I think I take too many screenshots :D
    >>> The Storytelling folder alone is over 200MB.
    >>>

    > If anyone is using the
    > boltrope testingCheatEnabled true
    > cheat.
    > You may need to delete the files in the
    > My Documents/The Sims 2/Logs
    >
    > That cheat generates logs files.

    That should have read.
    boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true

    Spell checker changed it.

    On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 23:52:12 +1100, "Iris McAlias" <none@none.none>
    dared speak in front of ME:

    >How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?

    Mine is 0 mb. I seem to be the only one here who's still playing the
    original...

    --
    Address no longer works.
    try removing all numbers from

    "Davybear" <Davybear@adelphia.net> wrote in message

    > If anyone is using the
    > boltrope testingCheatEnabled true
    > cheat.
    > You may need to delete the files in the
    > My Documents/The Sims 2/Logs
    >
    > That cheat generates logs files.

    Yes, I see several different files in that folder. So it is safe to
    delete all
    those files??
    Also, since I don't do movies, at times while trying for the cheat
    window, it
    snaps a picture so can I delete all the snapshots in the Storytelling
    folder?

    Wonder what else we could clean up to save space?

    ...........B

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005, Kaos wrote:
    > On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 23:52:12 +1100, "Iris McAlias" <none@none.none>
    > dared speak in front of ME:
    >
    > >How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?
    >
    > Mine is 0 mb. I seem to be the only one here who's still playing the
    > original...

    Nope. Original's (well, Deluxe Edition) all I can afford (and, even if I
    *could* afford TS2, its sysreqs are such that it'd probably blow up my comp
    if I tried to run it :P).
    [currently Googling around to see if there's any way to stuff floor tiles
    & wall textures in a .FAR and still have them recognized by the game - no
    problem creating the .FARs, but the latter... Just hate having files
    everywhere - DE's default of 15500 or so is more than enough without adding
    to the mess :P]

    "Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message
    > How big is your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder?

    I'm feeling a lot better. Mine's only 1.15Gb and 3711 files. No
    screenshots, though; all downloads & such.

    Joanna

Sims Games My Documents Video Games