Sign in with
Your question

Help me Guys, Please. . . . .

Last response: in Motherboards
April 24, 2009 6:32:42 PM

Hi guys. I just want to ask some question about my computer specs. I encountered some problems while I'm using my computer such as hang-up and not responding my computer to my commands. I'm not expert to the computers so I just wanna ask something. I want to ask if my motherboard was compatible to my processor. My motherboard was (ASUS P5Q SE2) while my processor was Intel Core2Quad. Hope to answer my question. I really needed your help guys. Any answer to the community will gradually appreciate. Thank You to All! ! !

More about : guys

a c 435 V Motherboard
April 24, 2009 6:43:14 PM

You need to list the specific cpu, such as e8400 for an accurate answer. The hangups could be caused by a weak power supply (inadequate for your video card, etc.). You may also have some trojans infecting your system. Microsoft was letting people try their "live one care" software for 90 days free, if interested. Also, check your power supply label for the exact specs. And list your video card. I only recommend about 5 brands of power supplies; many cheaper brands will fail under load.
April 24, 2009 6:53:25 PM

o1die said:
You need to list the specific cpu, such as e8400 for an accurate answer. The hangups could be caused by a weak power supply (inadequate for your video card, etc.). You may also have some trojans infecting your system. Microsoft was letting people try their "live one care" software for 90 days free, if interested. Also, check your power supply label for the exact specs. And list your video card. I only recommend about 5 brands of power supplies; many cheaper brands will fail under load.

Quote:
Thnx for your reply o1die. I forgot to specify my CPU. By the way it is (Intel Core2Quad Q8200). Is it compatible with ASUS P5Q SE2? And my video card was (PALIT GEFORCE 9400GT Super+1GB). Hope you will reply again. Thank you very much. [/quote
Related resources
April 24, 2009 7:36:08 PM

> By the way it is (Intel Core2Quad Q8200). Is it compatible with ASUS P5Q SE2?

Visit the ASUS website: www.asus.com
and look up the CPU Compatibility Table
for that motherboard.

Sometimes, a BIOS update will render an older
ASUS motherboard compatible with a newer Intel CPU.

However, you may need to install a CPU that is compatible
with the older BIOS, in order to flash the latest BIOS version.

MRFS
April 24, 2009 7:41:05 PM

http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLan...

CPU Compatibility Table for the P5Q SE2 lists:

Core 2 Quad Q8200 (rev.M1,2.33GHz,1333FSB,L2:4MB,4 cores) 1.00G 0305

Core 2 Quad Q8200 (rev.R0,2.33GHz,1333FSB,L2:4MB,4 cores) ALL 0416

Core 2 Quad Q8200S (rev.R0,2.33GHz,1333FSB,L2:4MB,4 cores) ALL 0411

0305, 0416 and 0411 are minimum BIOS revisions required to run the CPUs listed.

MRFS
!