Onboard Audio not working

Chiraen

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009
Hi, I just got some problems with my sound on my Dell XPS 630i Dimension, and I want to see if my sound card is broken or something. So I tried to activate my onboard audio instead, but when I went to the bios, the only thing that reminded me of ''activating onboard audio'' was ''Enable HD Audio'' so I activated that. I also unpluged my sound card (Sound Blaster X-Fi extremegamer) and installed the ''realtek onboard audio'' driver. But my sound is still not working, but I can hear a sound in my headset when I unplug and plug in my microphone, but I know that my microphone is not working, so I didn't test it more than that. I've also tried to hear if I get sound with outher headphones or sound speakers.

Kraynor

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2007
Enable HD Audio probably refers to your Front Panel audio, which is probably AC '97. Check your Device Manager, your drivers mightn't have installed properly or your card might be disabled. Also check your output settings to make sure it's outputting audio to the Speakers, and not HDMI or Optical Out.