Barsoomian187

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Hi everyone,

I was transferring my PC into a new case and plugged the HD Audio from the case into the HD Audio Link connector on the mainboard, very silly thing to do. i Powered up the PC and when i plugged my headphone and speaker into the front panel the PC shut down and wouldn’t power up after that.

I figured that I had blown the motherboard and went and got a Intel DQ45CB, I installed this into the Case plugged in all the peripherals but now cannot get the PC to power up.

The Standby Power Indicator LED flashes green. I read a few forums which suggested that a flashing green LED indicates a problem with the power supply.

I have removed all components and I still cannot get the PC to power. I am guessing that its the PSU but before I go out and spend more money I’d like to get some ideas of what else it could be and could I have damaged the wiring to the power switch and HD Audio/AC97 controls.

Any help would be great thanks

Barsoomian187

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Turns out it was a bad mobo. i put in a new psu and the the problem persisted but when i replaced the mobo everything started. the Intel DQ45CB was doa.