Palm T3 Bluetooth dilemma, driver help requested

Last response: in Network Providers
February 10, 2005 3:46:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

My wife has just acquired a very nice mobile she's fond of, the Nokia
6230
http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,47665,00.html
and unlocked it so it may be used on her old ATTWS plan (as the current
Cingular plans available are muich more spendy than her gransfathered
deal).

HOWEVER, there appears to be more rectal-cranial inversion at PalmOne
than previously suspected.

http://palmone.com/us/support/downloads/phonelink.html#... specifies
they've botched the BT drivers, and SMS is dysfunctional.

"When paired with Nokia 6230 and Nokia 6820, SMS and Dialing from the
handheld are not supported on the following devices: Palm Bluetooth
Card, Tungsten T, Tungsten T2, Tungsten T3 or Zire 72. NOTE: SMS and
Dialing are supported on Tungsten T5."

This is also noted on USENET as having been going on since last summer:
http://tinyurl.com/63ydm
http://tinyurl.com/4h29d
http://tinyurl.com/6rlrs

Talking to PalmOne support was an exercise in customer abuse, and "Help
me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope" doesn't work, either.

If anyone knows of a solution, or someone willing to tackle it, please
post here, or contact me directly at johnbartley3 {at] yahoo [daht} com

Thank you kindly.
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 2:31:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Must be why I'm dumping my T3 and going for a Dell with M$mobile.... it just
works...

Palm dont consider the 6230 popular enough yet to write drivers/support
for....

"John Bartley" <john.bartley@gmail.com> wrote in message
> My wife has just acquired a very nice mobile she's fond of, the Nokia
> 6230
> http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,47665,00.html
> and unlocked it so it may be used on her old ATTWS plan (as the current
> Cingular plans available are muich more spendy than her gransfathered
> deal).
>
> HOWEVER, there appears to be more rectal-cranial inversion at PalmOne
> than previously suspected.
>
> http://palmone.com/us/support/downloads/phonelink.html#... specifies
> they've botched the BT drivers, and SMS is dysfunctional.
>
> "When paired with Nokia 6230 and Nokia 6820, SMS and Dialing from the
> handheld are not supported on the following devices: Palm Bluetooth
> Card, Tungsten T, Tungsten T2, Tungsten T3 or Zire 72. NOTE: SMS and
> Dialing are supported on Tungsten T5."
>
> This is also noted on USENET as having been going on since last summer:
> http://tinyurl.com/63ydm
> http://tinyurl.com/4h29d
> http://tinyurl.com/6rlrs
>
> Talking to PalmOne support was an exercise in customer abuse, and "Help
> me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope" doesn't work, either.
>
> If anyone knows of a solution, or someone willing to tackle it, please
> post here, or contact me directly at johnbartley3 {at] yahoo [daht} com
>
> Thank you kindly.

Anonymous
February 11, 2005 4:53:44 PM

John Bartley a écrit, le 10/02/2005 21:46 :

> If anyone knows of a solution, or someone willing to tackle it, please
> post here, or contact me directly at johnbartley3 {at] yahoo [daht} com

The only solution is to wait for an update from palmOne...

--

Internet, newsgroups, e-mail => Netiquette
http://usenet-fr.news.eu.org/fr.usenet.reponses/usenet/...

Hi..
Did you even find or get a solution to this problem?
I still use my T3 and I cant connect properly to my current nokia phone/
I just put up with it but I'd be interested to hear of any solutions.
!