Sign in with
Your question

Seagate Freeagent Go vs Seagate Freeagent GOflex

Last response: in Storage
Anonymous
a b G Storage
June 5, 2010 5:02:26 PM

Seagate Freeagent Go 1tb vs Seagate Freeagent GOflex 1tb

I am sorta confused about the two. Apparently the goflex came out recently while the go has been out for awhile. But the goflex 1tb is at the same price or cheaper.

For example at bestbuy, the goflex goes for $139.99, while the Go goes for $179.99. Also on amazon, they are both at the same price for $139.99.

From my readings, the goflex has more things that it can do, such as switching out different ports, but why is it cheaper? I need help on choosing which drive i should buy. Please help! Thanks, i appreciate it.

Anonymous
a b G Storage
June 7, 2010 4:03:01 AM

bump
m
l
February 16, 2011 12:33:56 AM

It happened that I landed several time here while searching the same answer, so now that I have the answer, I'll write it here for future other people in searching for the same thing.

Seagate Freeagent GoFlex is newer.

Has Changeable Interfaces (USB 2.0, USB 3.0, eSATA, Firewire), instead of just USB 2.0.

Lighter weight.

Automatic Backup Software works in both PC and Mac, instead of PC only.

Slightly faster transfer rate.

Has 192-bit Triple DES instead of AES 128-bit encryption.
m
l
Related resources
July 15, 2011 10:09:14 AM

kadombing said:
It happened that I landed several time here while searching the same answer, so now that I have the answer, I'll write it here for future other people in searching for the same thing.

Seagate Freeagent GoFlex is newer.

Has Changeable Interfaces (USB 2.0, USB 3.0, eSATA, Firewire), instead of just USB 2.0.

Lighter weight.

Automatic Backup Software works in both PC and Mac, instead of PC only.

Slightly faster transfer rate.

Has 192-bit Triple DES instead of AES 128-bit encryption.

but doesnt explain why its cheaper?
m
l
November 14, 2011 11:13:28 PM

I saw both of these at the store and the go had a sticker on it stating that by registering you get 20 free movies which are pre loaded on the hard drive, yet the goflex had usb 3.0 and new stuff but was cheaper. I think the "free" movies are why it costs more, I was looking at 500gb options and the one that came with the movies was more expensive than a 1.5 tb hard drive. If you want the movies though its a pretty good deal
m
l
!