Kolorean

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2007
I have a system I had put together for me, but I had bought all the parts, and I am looking to upgrade. I just want to be sure, before I buy the parts.

First, the MB, I current have an E6600 in it, but want to Quad it up, here is the MB info:

GIGABYTE GA-N650SLI-DS4 nVIDIA nFORCE 650I CHIPSET ATX FORM FACTOR 2xPCI-E(X16)/2xPCI-E(X1)/3xPCI/4xDDR2 W/SATA2 RAID,LAN(Gb),1394,USB 2.0 & AUDIO (CPU TYPE:INTEL - SOCKET 775)

On the manifacturer's web page, it states this:

"" LGA775 Support Intel Core 2 Quad/Core 2 Duo/Pentium D/Pentium 4 Processor Supports 1333/1066/800 MHz FSB Chipset ""

So I can go ahead and put in a Q9550??

GPU's, I have an 8800 GPS 340 meg card right now, and I am getting a lot of graphic studder in the games I am playing (mostly Warhammer online)

My Power Supply is a THERMALTAKE W0105RU TOUGH 750W ATX, so I assume I am on, I don't have a bunch of devices running, so GPU wise, I want a card I can also port over to my next build.

What cards, top end, make sense, and that I can run off this 750 PSU?

I know I need a lot of hand holding here, and sorry to seem so non-techish, I just want to be sure before I spend money.

Wolfshadw

Titan
On the manufacturer's page should also be a link to the CPU Support List (see under "Related Links"). That will tell you exactly which CPUs are supported and which BIOS version is required for that CPU.

Concerning the graphics card, pretty much any ATI HD48xx series card or NVidia Geforce GTX2xx series card will work, though I'm surprised you're having troubles with the 8800GTS-320. Are you using a high-resolution monitor?

Oh, and that power supply should not have any problems handling any card on the market today.

-Wolf sends

Edit: Nevermind! /* rolls eyes */

Leave to Gigabyte to screw up their web site and lose the CPU Support List for your board.

Sorry about that. Can't say for sure, now.