CPU Heatsink Weird Problem

yuzainy

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2009
Im Facing weird problem with my cpu and heatsink.
Everytime I plug down the heatsink clip. My system fail to boot. No beep no sound nothing. Only heatsink n casing fan running. The system will only boot and running if I not plug in heatsink. Let it attach to cpu without pressure. But this will surely increase the temperature.
Can somebody give me some clue what is going on. What should I do or change. CPU, Motherboard or Heatsink? Tell me something that will help me with my budget please.

System Spec..
Biostar U8668 Motherboard
Intel Pentium 4 2.2Mhz 400Fbs socket 478.
Intel 478 Heatsink.
20 pin iCute PSU 450w.
AGP Fx5200 nVidia 128Mb.
1 Gb Corsair DDR 400.
IDE 80Gb Hardisk
IDE DVD Rw

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007

nah he installs it but it plugs in this is electrical

cracked mobo is from pressure

me wrong - yes the mobo is cracked - not the mobo is cracked a wire trace is broken.

when you put pressure on it you bend the mobo and wire spreads

try a different heat sink with a backer plate - hook it up outside the case and in biols - use hsf with screws and springs so you can adjust the pressure

the add more pressure - if it shuts off then back off

use lots of compound

sounds like a used mobo that had water cooling system overtighened? or its evga/nvidia they are junk and break easy

this is normal from overtighening

yuzainy

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2009
Ya, I share the same opinion. Maybe my old mobo cracked oready.
I now realize that this system still alive if I plug only one clip instead of two. But the temperature still in high level (60 - 70)C (better than before). Hehe.
My friend promise to give me his used 2.4 CPU. I ll try to change the CPU first. If still problem, then I need to find a good old mobo to replace mine. Thanks guys for your concern and faithfully opinion. God bless you guys