Gigabyte EX58-UD5 overclocking problems

hootster

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
Hi everyone. I just joined the forum so I want to first thank everyone concerned at Tom's Hardware. My problem:
I just purchased the Gigabyte EX58-UD5 mobo and put in the Intel Core i7 / 920 CPU. along with 6 sticks of OCZ triple channel memory. Pwr supply is ABS/Tagan 1100w, graphics card is the EVGA GTX 280, hard drives are 2 360Gb Velociraptors in Raid 0, and the processor is cooled by the Cooler Master V8.
When I enter the Bios in the "Advanced Configuration" setting and scroll down to the "adjust the BCLK" tab and hit enter--all I'm greeted with is the red panel which displays the current value (133) , but it won't allow me to change anything. Sort of like in the "adjust the Multiplier" panel, which I can understand as you can't adjust the multiplier on the 920, only the 965 CPU.
If anyone would be gracious enough to walk me through what other BIOS functions I need to adjust/alter first, before altering the BCLK, I would be very grateful to you. Thank you all very much.

Solution
I also ran into the "red panel for the BCLK values, but wouldn't let me change anything" problem , then I realized the Num Lock on my keyboard was turned off. :whistle:

random667

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2006
I also ran into the "red panel for the BCLK values, but wouldn't let me change anything" problem , then I realized the Num Lock on my keyboard was turned off. :whistle:

Solution