DX58SO bios setup

tomito53

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
Hey guys! :hello:

I really don't have much clue to the overclocking theme, so I'm asking for your help. I bought a few new components and put them together in my machine. Everything works great but the whole sistem is not optimized like it should be. I looked in the cpu-z and the core speed is 1600mhz, when it should be(2800-i7 930). Also the memory is runing slower as it could. So because I really don't know how to set up the parameters in bios, I would really appreciate if someone could take me step by step through bios config. If anyone has the time and will to help out, please let me know. I would be really thankful :na: .

My sistem:
Antec 650W
DX58SO
I7 930(Bloomfield)+Mugen2
DDR3 6GB Kit (3x 2) PC3-10600 1333MHz CL7 Geil VALUE - GV36GB1333C7TC
XFX 285GTX

tomito53

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
This is what i want to know. What numbers to put in:). At first I just want to run it at stock, no overclocking or just a litle(2,8-3.0). If someone could help me with this, and tell me if this is everything to do in bios.

host clock frequency=?
static cpu voltage override=?
dynamic cpu voltage offset(mV)=?
Multiplier=?

Uncore multiplier=
memory multiplier=
tCL=
tRCD=
tRP=
tRASmin=
tRFC=
tRRD=
tWR=
tWTR=
tRTP=
tRC=
tFAW=
Memory Voltage=
QPI\Uncore Voltage override=

IOH Core Voltage Override=

PCI Express Bus Frequency=

PCI latency timer=

tomito53

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
Ok i got the numbers and everything is great. Except one problem, when i shut down the comp for a longer time, on startup it does not post and there is a message that it didn't post sucesfuly. Did I miss something in bios or what is the problem?