Is it bad?

Last response: in Video Games
January 29, 2005 9:32:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

that I just spent nearly 200 dollars on RAM solely to make the sims run
faster?

--
---->Sagittaria<----

If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.

More about : bad

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 9:32:54 AM

"Sagittaria" <sagittaria.nntp@emailias.com> wrote in message
> that I just spent nearly 200 dollars on RAM solely to make the sims run
> faster?

Nope. I am contemplating doing that myself in a few days.

Gareeth
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 9:32:54 AM

Sagittaria wrote:
> that I just spent nearly 200 dollars on RAM solely to make the sims
> run faster?

Only if it didn't work...

I just ordered a new computer pretty much just to play the Sims 2.
Took me 8 months to save up the $750 for it.

Now I'm afraid it won't arrive, or the Sims 2 won't work when it does
come.
January 29, 2005 4:00:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

"Sagittaria" <sagittaria.nntp@emailias.com> wrote in message
> that I just spent nearly 200 dollars on RAM solely to make the sims
> run
> faster?
>
> --
> ---->Sagittaria<----
>
> If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.

LOL I did the same thing last year plus 150 dollars for new video card.
My computer uses RDRAM and that stuff is expensive.

What we won't do for our Simmies? LOL

...........B
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 6:45:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

it depends..
Ram isn't the whole issue..
Graphic ram is as well..
we have 1 gig of ram and it's 2400...
but the game will still run slowly if alot of animation
is on the screen IE...an over furnished home...
that is 2 or more stories..
also the speed of your computer is important as well.
We are not playing on our P4 because it fried recently
but we run it on an athlon 1.2
this should be sufficient with the 1 gig of ram but as I said, tho the game
runs well ...
it still has a period of stops and starts when there are alot of
graphics/animation on the screen.
So many factors are important..
speed of CPU
Amount of Ram that is in use..
(lots of proggies running in background etc)
Graphic card memory

Chey

"Sagittaria" <sagittaria.nntp@emailias.com> wrote in message
> that I just spent nearly 200 dollars on RAM solely to make the sims run
> faster?
>
> --
> ---->Sagittaria<----
>
> If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 6:46:30 PM

Sagittaria wrote:
> that I just spent nearly 200 dollars on RAM solely to make the sims run
> faster?

two weeks ago I doubled my ram for 90 euros, mainly because I got a
subscription to TSR and have downloaded so many floors, walls and
objects the game takes a while to load (no problems with gameplay though).
Bianca
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 12:20:30 AM

Heck no!
I bought a whole new computer !

Dim Sim

"Sagittaria" <sagittaria.nntp@emailias.com> wrote in message
> that I just spent nearly 200 dollars on RAM solely to make the sims run
> faster?
>
> --
> ---->Sagittaria<----
>
> If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.
January 30, 2005 12:20:31 AM

I'm contemplating buying a new laptop for that purpose...

Can anybody tell me what the absolute ideal system would be? I've got a good
idea about RAM and memory, but I'm at a bit of a loss trying to understand
graphic cards.

"Dim Sim" <dim_sim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Heck no!
> I bought a whole new computer !
>
> Dim Sim
>

> "Sagittaria" <sagittaria.nntp@emailias.com> wrote in message
>> that I just spent nearly 200 dollars on RAM solely to make the sims run
>> faster?
>>
>> --
>> ---->Sagittaria<----
>>
>> If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.

Anonymous
January 30, 2005 12:20:32 AM

it depends on your cpu
but i guess 512 mb memory
and a 128 mb videocard runs fine

off course if you download a lot this wont work after a while

Cheryl wrote:
> I'm contemplating buying a new laptop for that purpose...
>
> Can anybody tell me what the absolute ideal system would be? I've got
> a good idea about RAM and memory, but I'm at a bit of a loss trying
> to understand graphic cards.

Firstly, it would not be a laptop. Laptops are not made for gaming,
desktops are. I would say the mimimum system would be P3/Athlon at 1.5GHz,
with 256MB RAM, and Radeon 9200 128MB (I don't know about Nvidia). However,
the higher the specs, the better.

As I said, I dont know about Nvidia, but ATI Radeon is simple, the higher
the number the better the card, but if it has an X before it, it is even
better.
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 11:31:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

"Sagittaria" <sagittaria.nntp@emailias.com> wrote in message
> that I just spent nearly 200 dollars on RAM solely to make the sims run
> faster?

I got more RAM and a new monitor today mainly for the SIms.

Gareeth
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 5:06:28 AM

>Firstly, it would not be a laptop. Laptops are not made for gaming,
>desktops are. I would say the mimimum system would be P3/Athlon at
1.5GHz,
>with 256MB RAM, and Radeon 9200 128MB (I don't know about Nvidia).
However,
>the higher the specs, the better.
>As I said, I dont know about Nvidia, but ATI Radeon is simple, the
higher
>the number the better the card, but if it has an X before it, it is
even

I wouldn't recommend 256mb for anything. Windows alone can eat 140 odd
of that. 512mb is the bare minimum for any system. Nvidia cards have a
similar numbering systems to Radeon, 6 series are better the 5. A
decent 5 series will do though. (6 series are expensive)

As for laptops you can get gaming laptops for people like Alienware but
most have 256mb, Celeron processor and sub par graphics card meaning
they are useless for playing modern games.
!