dolby digital channels

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv,rec.video.satellite.dbs (More info?)

Hi. I have 3 DirecTV rca receivers with the digital fiber optic output on
the back of the receiver, and I have a dolby digital home theater receiver.
However, I am having a hard time finding channels that are broadcast in
dolby digital 5.1 on the dish. I get almost all the channels in dolby pro
logic II, and the digital indicator is lit on my home theater receiver. Are
there any channels, not HDTV that are broadcast in dolby digital 5.1?
Thanks for any help.
Shaggy
1 answer Last reply
More about dolby digital channels
  1. Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv,rec.video.satellite.dbs (More info?)

    > Hi. I have 3 DirecTV rca receivers with the digital fiber optic output on
    > the back of the receiver, and I have a dolby digital home theater receiver.
    > However, I am having a hard time finding channels that are broadcast in
    > dolby digital 5.1 on the dish. I get almost all the channels in dolby pro
    > logic II, and the digital indicator is lit on my home theater receiver. Are
    > there any channels, not HDTV that are broadcast in dolby digital 5.1?

    ALL MOVIES on directv for pay per view are 5.1

    If you just want to hear 5.1, listen to the movie preview before it
    comes on for free.

Satellite TV Home Theatre Dolby