Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Hi there!

I was hit with the ist_install.exe spyware the other
day. Now, my task manager is corrupt. I've run Spybot
and AdAware and it cleaned everything off, but now, my
task manager comes up with just a gray frame. Any ideas
on how to repair the task manager without reinstalling
Windows XP??? THANKS!

Greetings --

You're running Task Manager in "Small Footprint Mode." Simply
double-click anywhere along the top or side borders to return to a
normal view. Alternatively, pressing <Ctrl>+<Tab> will allow you to
cycle between the various displays, and <Alt>+<F4> will close it.

Task Manager Menu Bar and Tabs Are Not Visible in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314227

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. -- RAH

"Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there!
>
> I was hit with the ist_install.exe spyware the other
> day. Now, my task manager is corrupt. I've run Spybot
> and AdAware and it cleaned everything off, but now, my
> task manager comes up with just a gray frame. Any ideas
> on how to repair the task manager without reinstalling
> Windows XP??? THANKS!

higado2

WHOA!!! And here I thought I would have to re-install windows!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! Who's dumb idea at Microsoft was it to create this "small footnote" UN-feature??? honestly, Task Manager is the one program you want running at full capacity, why in the world would you need it to have a "small footnote"? Many thanks for saving me hours of agony!