9800gt + Panasonic TH42PZ85 plasma problems

Murqy Waters

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
Hello all,
First off thanks for taking your time reading this.
All help is much appreciated!

The OS is Vista and I have dual Nvidia 9800gt's in sli mode on my Asus Sriker II extreme motherboard.
Main display is BenQ W2400 which is working well.
I had my Panasonic TH42PZ85 connected as the second monitor earlier and it was also working good via the dvi->vga setup.

Recently my hard disk went bang and I did a clean install on vista.
I hooked the TV on to my video card and nothing.
Vista and nvidia cards didn't even seem to detect my plasma tv.
A hundred restarts later a second display "generic non-pnp display" appeared in my device manager and an "Analog Display" in the Nvidia control panel.

I was overjoyed until i tried to extend my desktop...nothing.
The tv's sync method used to be set to "H & V" when it was working well, but now the TV doesn't even detect the signal when I try this "correct" sync method.
Setting the sync to "On G" displays a horribly distorted greenish and flickering picture which has parts of my background image.

I've battled with this thing for 2 days straight now, so you can imagine how grateful I am for all advice.

Here's a list of things which I have already tried (each a dozen times):
Manually changing the "generic non-pnp display" to "generic pnp display" in device manager. Didn't help.
Changed my dvi->vga setup to dvi->hdmi setup. Didn't help.
Uninstalled all previous drivers and cleaned after them with DriverSweeper. Tried this procedure with 8 different versions of the nvidia drivers. None of this helped.
Disabled sli, didn't help.
I've played with all possible refresh rates and resolutions, nothing helps.

The whole setup is:
q9550 cpu
Asus Striker II Extreme
2gb ram
2x Gigabyte's 9800gt
Vista Home Premium OS
BenQ W2400 TFT screen
Panasonic TH42PZ85 Plasma Flat Panel TV

Thanks!

Murqy Waters

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
Still wanted to point out, that all kinds of ideas and suggestions are appreciated.
No matter if you don't think you have the actual fix.
I'm all out of ideas.