Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Stuck in reload XP loop

Last response: in Windows XP
May 23, 2011 2:57:37 PM

Hello,
I have a 2005 HP XP. After a year of using a premium tech support, my OS needs to be installed.

I used the disc and was following the steps for install. I received a message about there was either software or hardware that would effect the install and may not run correctly. I continued anyway and sure enough I am stuck in a loop.

I cannot get to my desktop.

I first receive a notice on black screen to select the OS to start. There are 2 Identical choices. Microsoft Media edition.

Once selected a screen appears . "We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully.
a recent hardware or software change might have caused this. "

I have choices of what to do and all fail.

1. choose the last known good configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.:

2. does not apply

3. There is a choice to Safe Mode with command prompt and if I had used the F8 key to reinstall this option would have worked. It does not when pressed.

what I get is a list of drivers that are installed.

WHATEVER I DO I AM IN A LOOP BETWEEN CHOOSING TO START WINDOWS WITH MICROSOFT XP THEN A NEW SCREEN APPEARS LISTING THE CHOICES ABOVE.

I need help reloading my OS and wiping the harddrive clean. Is there a software that I can download to help?

More about : stuck reload loop

Best solution

May 23, 2011 6:36:17 PM

put your CD back into CDROM and reboot the computer, follow instructions again to reinstall windows.

If you get compatibility error again, write down what it says and post here.
May 23, 2011 7:00:12 PM

I fixed this issue with the help of a great MS Technician who works at one of the stores.

I booted and press F12. The disc was already in the drive.

This sent me to windows setup.

I deleted the C OS completely

I pressed to install the OS from the disc. So far so good. It is done. :bounce: 

RMZ
m
l
Related resources
May 24, 2011 1:43:08 AM

glad you solved the issue on your own.
m
l
June 6, 2011 2:34:16 PM

Thank you to all. With the help of a Microsoft Tech in the MN store, I was able to reload OS XP.

Now all I have to do is get the sound to work.

RMZ
m
l
June 16, 2011 3:13:17 PM

Best answer selected by rmzllc.
m
l
!