AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black E into my motherboard?

thebishopdonjuan

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2009
I am using an Asus M2N32-SLI DELUXE my processor is an 3.25 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core and I have 4 gigabtes of ddr2 ram.

My question is could i fit a AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black E into my motherboard and what would i do to bios and would i need to alter anything else?

Devastator_uk

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
It should fit and work, although you may need to flash the BIOS to get all the features and for the name to Display correctly when you boot.
However you won't get the full benefit of a PhenomII since the HT is slower on that board.

thebishopdonjuan

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2009
Another one too lazy to go to Asus website and look himself.

So for not knowing I can go to the Asus website and look I am lazy? For something I didn't know? Now if you do have a degree in psychology I may respect your opinion but as it stand you should shut up with your ignorance.

G

i know the website says no, but if it's compatible with just Phenom's it should work?
I've got the newest bios.
I don't care about the HT Bus, just will it run at quad 3GHz?

Zzues

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
I have just installed this cpu into my m2n32 wifi mobo and it is running. I had to reset the bios after updating it and clear the cmos a few times before it would boot to Windows XP 32 bit. The only problem I am having now is that everytime I wake it up or even boot from a complete shutdown it tells me "This system failed to boot or get past the POST screen, press F1 to continue or DEL to enter bios" or something to that effect.

So it does work it just has a few probs.