My review of ASROCK's M3A770DE Motherboard

iloqin

Distinguished
May 2, 2010
I'm new to OCing, but after reading and researching a while this motherboard rocks! Did the Instant BIOS Flash in the beginning.

It's dirt cheap
Supports new AMD cores
DDR3 1600 compatible
Easy ACC controls, in one change unlocked 4th core on my X3 440.
Has an EZ FSB increase control for OC as well as the usual Advanced area with Sync/Async OC abilities.

I tried to minimally OC the 4 cores and not much headroom there. I heard more cores means less OCing, if I revert back to a tri-core then I'll probably have more headroom.

Only question I have so far... is that I can't find a configuration for my memory voltage?

Only con I can think of but not really is the PCI-E Crossfire slots goes from 16x single slot to 2nd slot only rated @ 4x dual. But seriously a 60-70 dollar motherboard with all the advanced OCing I'm not going to run CRX anywho.

I bought mine as a mobo/cpu bundle for my first ever build, have to say Im happy with it, mainly cause i havent killed it yet.
One thing i did find was after unlocking cores, the instant boot thing decided not to work, no biggy tho, and clocking it so farhas been a learning curve and fun, definately got the bug lol :p

TRENDING THREADS