Power for E8400 and GeForce 9800 GTX+

Muglez

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2009
Afternoon, ladies and gents.

Unfortunately, I'm a moron. As such, I decided your infinite wisdom might be a better bet than trying my luck and throwing myself out a couple of hundred bucks.

I was wondering what you'd advise in the way of Power Supply for the Intel Core2 Duo E8400 processor and the GeForce 9800 GTX+. As it stands, I've got a dodgy GeForce 9400 GT in my machine, and I intend to grab the 9800 GTX+ when I get my hands on a bit of money. (I've noticed a few threads referencing the former two parts above, so I assume they're compatible. Then again, I have been wrong before.)

Generally, I'm aiming for a gaming computer. Any further advice may be delivered either via text of a slap around the face. Frankly, I could probably use the latter.

Price range is generally infinite within reason, just means a bit more saving.

Any further information you need I'll be more than happy to attempt feebly to provide. D:

-Mitch.

PS: It's 4:30 AM here in Western Australia. I apologize in advance for any grogginess or misreading. :-\

cheepstuff

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008

cpus and graphics cards cant be incompatable. it all depends on your mobo. if you want a new graphics card try the HD radeon 4850. lower price same power.

Muglez

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2009
Ah. I see (I also haven't worked out how to quote. >.>). Thanks.

It has also come to my attention that I am infinitely more incompetent than I had originally suspected. Good thing I'm not putting this thing in, merely paying for it. >.>

Muglez

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2009
In retrospect, I'm far too tired for this. I'll check when I wake up, I suppose.

5am. Dear God work is going to suck.