Distinguished
Jan 4, 2010
hi guys im kinda new in overclocking i have this :

i7 920 a 2.66 GHz, Socket 1366, QPI 4.8GT/s, L3 Cache 8MB, Quad-Core, 45nm
Intel DX58SO, ChipSet Intel X58 Express
ADATA DDR3, PC3-10600 (1333Mhz), 2GB
ADATA DDR3, PC3-10600 (1333Mhz), 2GB
Seagate de 500 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA II
SAPPHIRE ATI Radeon HD 5850, 1GB DDR5, HDMI y DisplayPort, DirectX 11, Puerto PCI Express 2.0
COOLER MASTER Real Power Pro 850W

i overclocked to 3364 Mhz (160x1 ) Turbo on etc and corev max to 1.25 im not getting the 22x multiplier dunno why
( perhaps cus current override is disabled ? )

system is very stable so far

the only thing that is making me crazy is why somethimes on everest there are like negative spikes on my northbridge core voltages to .62 the voltage here is 1.12 had run 5 hourse of prime 95 with no problems or drops, it does it randomly.

any ideas ?? perhaps a kind of bug with the sensors or something ?

ty for your help people.

here is some data:

voltage on my cpu is now on 1.12

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Solution
Well my i5 doesn't have a "northbridge" voltage to monitor, however, with turbo on it's basically like enabling C6 state (or maybe C3... anyway...) which works by completely shutting down cores that are unused. So in idle you can expect no voltage. This is just a power saving feature.
I kind of have it working but the other way around, turbo is off but I'm using the x21 multiplier, and I enabled C6 state... which then enabled turbo. Seems like they're pretty much the same thing.

acer0169

Distinguished
Does turbo automatically adjust voltages or anything? I doubt it's a bug in the sensors but that does happen. Everest also sometimes can't read voltages or CPU temps etc.. depends what model chip you have. On my AMD machine I forgot to turn Cool&Quiet off when first overclocking and kept noticing that my voltage were shooting down to 1.04V instead of 1.46V. It ran Prime95 just fine etc, but then after looking through BIOS I sorted that. Is there anything else in your bios that could have control over your voltages?

Well my i5 doesn't have a "northbridge" voltage to monitor, however, with turbo on it's basically like enabling C6 state (or maybe C3... anyway...) which works by completely shutting down cores that are unused. So in idle you can expect no voltage. This is just a power saving feature.
I kind of have it working but the other way around, turbo is off but I'm using the x21 multiplier, and I enabled C6 state... which then enabled turbo. Seems like they're pretty much the same thing.

Solution