Phenom II X6 1090T OC

Mudit Sathe

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
Hello Guys.
Currently I am having M4N68T-M which supports Phenom II X6 processors with Bios update as stated on ASUS website.
Can I will be able to Overclock Phenom II X6 1090T on that motherboard.Will I have to disable Turbo Core Technology.

acer0169

Distinguished
I've seen a couple of posts that say they are overclocking with Turbo Core enabled, but similar to AMD Cool & Quiet I would disable anything that changes what cores are in use and / or voltages, clocks etc. You should have no problem overclocking that CPU if your motherboard supports it :].

G

I thought I might ask my question in this thread. I recently got a 1090T for my signature system to replace a C02 955 BE and noticed that this new part is a beast when it comes to overclocking at stock voltages. I have achieved 3.9 GHZ with 4 sticks of 2 GB OCZ AMD Gold Edition 1600 MHZ at 8-8-8-24 at the recommended voltages. Before, my 955 could not even get past 3.6 GHZ without upping the voltages in the Bios or underclocking the memory. This new part that I received is a Revision PH-E0. Anyone have similar overclocking experience with this new processor?