Building gaming rig - need some help please !!

Hi there, I'm Hamza and I'm new to the forums :)

I've decided to build a gaming PC, as I've heard it's not too difficult, it's cheaper than buying a preset PC, I can be sure of what parts I install, and above all it sounds fun :D

I've considered these parts, what I'd like to know is whether these parts will all fit together, whether the case will be a tight fit, and whether there are any better/cheaper alternatives, or whether I could get the products for cheaper at different places. I must specify now that I've ALREADY bought an ATI 4870X2 GFX card as it was going cheap and I couldn't pass off the offer :lol: I have about £450 left to spend, however, could stretch to £500

CPU: Intel Q6600 2.4GHZ 'Go Stepping Version' £145 (I reckon I could get this for slightly cheaper somewhere)

PSU: OCZ 780W ModXStream Modular Power Supply £60

RAM: OCZ 4GB PC2-8000 Platinum XTC 1000MHZ £40

HDD: Samsung HD502IJ SpinPoint F1 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache - OEM £40

MOBO: ASUS P5Q PEO iP45 Socket 775 Motherboard £100

Case, This is where it gets difficult, I don't know which to choose

1). Antec 900 £70

2). Thermaltake Armor+ MX VH8000BWS £120|65%3A2|39%3A1|240%3A1318

3). Thermaltake Spedo Advance Case £125

So what I'd like to know from you guys is, will these parts fit together, and which case do you recommend.

Also, I am interested in overclocking the CPU, would it be worth buying this ?

Thanks for reading and reply soon :)
1 answer Last reply
More about building gaming
  1. Those parts should be a fine system when put together. If you are unsure about the case pick between mid tower or full tower. I think the spedo is full tower.

Antec 900 is a great case, except it has no cable management. But you are getting the modular PSU, so that should help.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Systems