May have figured out Death-by-Choking incidents

I played a house two nights ago that I hadn't played in a while, and upon
immediately loading up, one of the women in the house got out of bed, acted
as if she were strangling, and died.

She had the flu, but she hadn't had it long, and in fact was in bed to
combat it, but what I had noticed since the previous time I had played that
house was that the woman had been showing up on community lots, and each
time she did, I was informed that she had the flu and that she needed rest.

What I'm thinking is that a sim can die from the flu if she has it for a
certain length of time and is not cured, let's say, in four sim days,
usually plenty of time to cure herself normally. But time she spends on
community lots where she is not the sim being controlled counts toward that
limit. So what I figure happened to this woman is that while I may not have
played more than eight hours of that house since she first contracted the
flu, she had enough time accrued on the community lots to push her over the
threshold, leading her to die the moment her house was loaded.

So for those of you who have experienced a sim getting up in the middle of
the night just after contracting the flu and dying, this may be what caused
it.

morgan

"Charles Whitney" <cbillingsw@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I played a house two nights ago that I hadn't played in a while, and upon
>immediately loading up, one of the women in the house got out of bed, acted
>as if she were strangling, and died.
>
> She had the flu, but she hadn't had it long, and in fact was in bed to
> combat it, but what I had noticed since the previous time I had played
> that house was that the woman had been showing up on community lots, and
> each time she did, I was informed that she had the flu and that she needed
> rest.
>
> What I'm thinking is that a sim can die from the flu if she has it for a
> certain length of time and is not cured, let's say, in four sim days,
> usually plenty of time to cure herself normally. But time she spends on
> community lots where she is not the sim being controlled counts toward
> that limit. So what I figure happened to this woman is that while I may
> not have played more than eight hours of that house since she first
> contracted the flu, she had enough time accrued on the community lots to
> push her over the threshold, leading her to die the moment her house was
> loaded.
>
> So for those of you who have experienced a sim getting up in the middle of
> the night just after contracting the flu and dying, this may be what
> caused it.

In my experience, it's always female sim in their second or third day of
pregnancy, just before they show. They wake up, get out of bed, choke, and
then die. My sims don't usually go to community lots--not the adults
anyway, and only twice have I had a sim get the flu. I still think there's
some weird chance of death while pregnant in the game. 5-10%, maybe?

Morgan

Pregnancy is counted as an illness by the game. Back in the
pre-teenpregnancy hacks I forced a teen to become pregnant through external
aging with SimPE. I took her age back down after she was pregnant, and she
stayed pregnant for a little while before I got the "Angela is well again"
message and no more morning sickness or baby.

I too have noticed the illness connection to strangling deaths. I reported
it here in relation to the Sims that would come home from work or town and
drop dead by strangling the minute they stepped out of the car. In that
instance it was IMHO from illness' that either hadn't been reported of from
illness' that the user had missed the report of.

I am not sure of what exactly triggers the death, but Charles' idea of 4
days could definitely be the right one. It would fit in with it occurring to
some pregnant Sims if they had visited other houses or town while pregnant
and taken them over this 4 day limit. . . .

Definitely an interesting supposition. The question is how we'd go about
proving/disproving this theory?

MM

> I am not sure of what exactly triggers the death, but Charles' idea of 4
> days could definitely be the right one. It would fit in with it occurring
> some pregnant Sims if they had visited other houses or town while pregnant
> and taken them over this 4 day limit. . . .

You know, I noticed that I get the "Johnny has the flu and needs rest!"
message on a house where Johnny's only presence is on the other end of a
phone conversation with a sim who lives in the house. Hell, that could also
count as time that the sim has been sick, and help the hours add up
significantly.

I wasn't really proposing that four consecutive days was the limit that a
sim can be sick before he dies, I was merely throwing out a time period that
I thought would be around the correct limit. I've had plenty of sims sick
for two and a half days straight and not suffer these sorts of problems, so
it's definitely at least a little longer than that; some point presumably
where the player has had plenty of opportunity to try to get the sim better
and hasn't done so.

And I'm also not suggesting that this is the only explanation for these
mysterious deaths, but it certainly looks like the cause for some of them.

ali

Charles Whitney wrote:
> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
>

>>I am not sure of what exactly triggers the death, but Charles' idea of 4
>>days could definitely be the right one. It would fit in with it occurring
>>some pregnant Sims if they had visited other houses or town while pregnant
>>and taken them over this 4 day limit. . . .
>

> You know, I noticed that I get the "Johnny has the flu and needs rest!"
> message on a house where Johnny's only presence is on the other end of a
> phone conversation with a sim who lives in the house. Hell, that could also
> count as time that the sim has been sick, and help the hours add up
> significantly.
>
> I wasn't really proposing that four consecutive days was the limit that a
> sim can be sick before he dies, I was merely throwing out a time period that
> I thought would be around the correct limit. I've had plenty of sims sick
> for two and a half days straight and not suffer these sorts of problems, so
> it's definitely at least a little longer than that; some point presumably
> where the player has had plenty of opportunity to try to get the sim better
> and hasn't done so.
>
> And I'm also not suggesting that this is the only explanation for these
> mysterious deaths, but it certainly looks like the cause for some of them.

Here's a link to snooty sims that has a description on the many
different ways they can die, what color their ghost is, etc. According
to the chart, it takes 10 days for them to die of disease.

hth, Ali

Madame Mim wrote:
> Pregnancy is counted as an illness by the game.

Not exactly, I think.

Morning Sickness is counted as an illness.

The "makemesick" cheat/test object will allow
a pregnant Sim to become immune, but only after
the first belly-pop.

It won't allow a Sim to gain immunity when
the Sim has one of the diseases it can give,
and one of the diseases it can give your
Sim is morning sickness.

Therefore, my dear Watson, I deduce that
(oh, oops).

I've been using the "make me sick" object
to immunize most Sims in my neighborhood
for the last few days -- a serious epidemic
had started. And I guess that the Sims who
have had flu shots will also not get food
poisoning!

ali

ali wrote:
> Charles Whitney wrote:
>
>> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
>>

>>> I am not sure of what exactly triggers the death, but Charles' idea of 4
>>> days could definitely be the right one. It would fit in with it
>>> occurring to
>>> some pregnant Sims if they had visited other houses or town while
>>> pregnant
>>> and taken them over this 4 day limit. . . .
>>

>> You know, I noticed that I get the "Johnny has the flu and needs
>> rest!" message on a house where Johnny's only presence is on the other
>> end of a phone conversation with a sim who lives in the house. Hell,
>> that could also count as time that the sim has been sick, and help the
>> hours add up significantly.
>>
>> I wasn't really proposing that four consecutive days was the limit
>> that a sim can be sick before he dies, I was merely throwing out a
>> time period that I thought would be around the correct limit. I've
>> had plenty of sims sick for two and a half days straight and not
>> suffer these sorts of problems, so it's definitely at least a little
>> longer than that; some point presumably where the player has had
>> plenty of opportunity to try to get the sim better and hasn't done so.
>>
>> And I'm also not suggesting that this is the only explanation for
>> these mysterious deaths, but it certainly looks like the cause for
>> some of them.

> Here's a link to snooty sims that has a description on the many
> different ways they can die, what color their ghost is, etc. According
> to the chart, it takes 10 days for them to die of disease.
>
> hth, Ali

I'm so sorry, I was still asleep when I posted this and forgot to post
the link! *smacks self in forehead*

http://www.snootysims.com/deaths.php

Here it is finally. Sorry for the wait.

Ali

Am Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:58:54 -0500 schrieb ali:
> I'm so sorry, I was still asleep when I posted this and forgot to post
> the link! *smacks self in forehead*
>
> http://www.snootysims.com/deaths.php
>
> Here it is finally. Sorry for the wait.

Heys, cool!
So far I've only had deaths by old age and one by electricution. None
have ever died of sickness. I guess I'm super-sims-mommy! ;)

Dorte

I've not had a death yet! I can't play those houses where they are old... I
just can't!! I move any adult kids out and get them to take any younger
siblings.... he he he.... My little boy has had one die only but we didn't
save and then her hubby pleaded with the grim reaper and she didn't die
after all :-D... Ohhhhh actually I just remember I did deliberately kill
that nanny that overstayed her welcome.... RIP Kendal...

~ jo

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269

"hangover_girl" <hangovergirl@dodo.com.au> wrote in message

> I've not had a death yet! I can't play those houses where they are old...

Nor can I, which is why none of my Sims last longer than a couple of days
before Mr Mephistopheles Jones invites them to move into The Psycho House.

But they all end up with Hula Dancers - usually about ten minues after their
cheque is cleared through the bank.

Granny.

TRENDING THREADS