Boarding around

xXXMK_DEATHANGELXXxx

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2009
hey guys,
i have a choise going AMD PHENOMII 710 X3 with ECS 780GMA board mainly for gaming for atleast 2.5-3years...
initially il use the bilton gfx for gamin.....

the only that im conserned is:
HOW ABOUT THE "ECS780GMA".... THE ECS BOARD :heink: ......... IS IT RELAIBLE... IS IT COOL.... IS IT GUD FOR GAMIN...??

PLS ADVICE..
THANX X2

xXXMK_DEATHANGELXXxx

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2009
i know dude... i think ASUS is best.... but the fact is that it is not avl in the locale for AMD PHENOM II and ECS is the only choise to me...so guyes should i really throw this idea off...
and buy a Q8200+P5KPL-CM OR E5200(PDC)+P5KPL-CM+9600GT???....**REMEMBER I WONT OC* ANY WAY

I've had 1 ECS board before. It was suprisingly stable, but it was pretty weak compared to most of the Gigabyte and Asus boards at the time. It may be stable for your system, but don't expect anything fancy.

Are you shopping at a local store or online?

xXXMK_DEATHANGELXXxx

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2009

i dunt prefer online.. i am buying it frm a big store in my town.. anyways guys aftr ur advices and my heart call ithink going ECS is :na: NOT even a stable option... thanks

now i would find any ASUS or MSI or GIGABYTE... if i can't then i'l drop it off and go wid the e5200(PDC)+ASUS P5KPL-CM+9600GT... i think it'l b a mini gaming powerhouse,,,,, what do u all think.. is it more reliable and powerfull???

It's not a matter of power, but overclocking and memory settings in the board bios. If you don't plan on overclocking, then the ecs board will work fine. Look for deals on video cards; the 9600 is ok but you can do better.

xXXMK_DEATHANGELXXxx

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2009

GUYS DO U MEAN THAT ECS780-GMA WOULD WORK GUD IF I DON'T OC????.... WILL IT WORK GR8 BECAUSE OF IT'S NORMAL SETTINGS AND WILL IT STAY COOL....

THIS COULD BE ATWIST INDEED A GR8 TWIST FOR MY DECISION... SHOULD I GO THE AMD PHENOMII X3 ECS780GM-A WAY THEN?????

Neither setup is going to be that good, specially at stock speeds. If I had to choose one over the other, I think I would go with the Asus/e5200 setup because of overall quality and future OC availability. By their own, neither will overheat. As long as you keep the case clean and cables tied up, heat shouldn't be an issue.

I know you said you don't like buying online. But you can open up a whole world of possibilities if you do. There is much better options available than the ones you listed, and very likely at better prices. Here is a great site to browse so you can get an idea of selection and prices.
www.newegg.com

I have purchased craploads of stuff from newegg. The prices are great, the shipping is very fast, and the service is even better. If you have a problem with an item, most every item has a 30 day-no questions asked return period. And if you email them and ask, they will send you a prepaid ups shipping label.

Just something to think about....

xXXMK_DEATHANGELXXxx

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2009

Thanks for ur help and support, the fact is that:
1)i live in PAKISTAN (i don't thik there is newegg above us-china-canada)
2)i hate buying online becasue i love the 3 year intel orignal warraty covering every thing up so even if i have to pay $100 more for any thing.. i will BECAUSE i know at times the support is need at any uncerinity i go mad... INTEL GIVES 3 YEARS FULL HAND TO HAND REPLACEMENT WARRANTY HERE... PLUS A GREAT SERVICE.

I must ask you:
WOULD U PREFER INTEL BOARDS OVER ASUS? (or MSI)
HOW ARE INTEL BOARDS GENERALLY FOR GAMING?
which boards do you think ate BEST?

cybergunkoo81

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2008
Perhaps asus, but u need to research more about what chipset is the most stable, especially for oc, because one of my friend, previously had 2 asus mobo, all burned out.

I would rate Asus and Gigabyte pretty even at the top. Maybe a slight edge to Gigabyte for the OC features. Both manufacturers make high quality boards.

Intel is good but not great. They are reliable, but nothing about them makes me want another one.

I had 1 MSI board and will NEVER buy another one. I had to RMA the first 2, the 3rd one worked but had a broken piece on the southbridge. And the RAID controllers for the board were flaky.

My vote is for Gigabyte, but I also wouldn't hesitate to buy an Asus.