Back To Technology (CPU VS)

nks500

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2009
Hello Everyone.
I was following the technology updates until P4 and AMD 52+.
But now i am thinking of building my own pc. Specially for everything but i could say gaming + also doing some running multiple OS via blackbox or VM Ware to test OS servers.

Choice 1 Between Intel Vs AMD

Could anyone provide some type of chart of dates and processor release. because the names are confusing now theses days.
I was happy when they were following series like PI,PII,PIII,P4 and etc.
now i just want to analyze with all these Duo core , core 2 duo, Quad core 2 and etc.

So Should i go with AMD or Intel

In intel whats advantage with i7 over quad core 2.

Second

IF Amd wats diff in I7 vs opetron and opetron Vs Phenom II.

Give me breif on this.

Money i could say not an option as well.
I am more concern on very good performance and not pay very high price for nothing.

If i buy i7 does it worth against buying opertron with dual CPU motherboard and CPU's

If anything i need to say let me know.

Thanks for info.

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
LOL! AMD just caught up to Q6600 whitch came out in aug of 07

amd sets prices based on how bad their stuff is compared to intel since core 2 - july o6

REPEAT GO I7

i7 has triple the mem bandwidth this will become more and more important
i7 will have octo and double octo core capblity'

why build amd? if you want a cool all spider or dragon or what ever "cool" name - yes you can save a little

q9550 set to 3.8ghz in 780i FTW mobo will beat the amd best

The Third Level

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2009
i7 is the fastest out there.
However i7 + X58 mobo + DDR3 will cost you a shitload more than a good Phenom II setup.

If you're only using 1 graphics card, the difference between the systems is negligeble. You can pay $300+ for i7 or $200 for the P2, more for X58 mobo or less for a standard AM2+ mobo, and DDR3 vs DDR2.

The performance is nearly the same in single card setups. However, in multi-GPU setups is where the i7 shows its real power.

nks500

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2009
ok
thanks for the reply.
So
Can you give me run down on the List of parts to get

I prefer to go Nvidia as well.
I heard AMD does not get along with Nvidia.

LumberWagon

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
Actually, it's the Intel i7 that doesn't play very well with nVidia in SLI lately. Maybe new drivers will/have helped since the brouhaha. I don't have links atm. A quick search should help. I'm off to build a forge so this is a quick post.