Computer locking up with randomly colored diagonal line artifacts.

beec_3

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2008

Group: Members
Member No.: 131,207

I need some help here, my computer is locking up with randomly colored stair step diagonal lines through the screen. I was having crashing issues (random artifacts + lockup) about a week ago that fried my old video card some how and now I'm having different issues with the new one.

I've already run Memtest and found out I had a bad stick of RAM, but the problem persists! Sometimes it happens after a few seconds after restarting (had it happen during the Windows load screen once), and other times it's fine for hours on end. I've tried different drivers, but had the same results with the Nvidia driver and another 3rd party driver. I also just bought a new BFG Tech 800 watt PSU today and the problem is still here. Any ideas? sad.gif

Quick Specs:

Windows XP SP 3
Directx 9.0c
Nvidia 9800 GTX+ (Brand New)
800 Watt PSU (Brand New)
AMD Athlon 64 2.0 GHz
2 Gigs of DDR RAM

Temperature Readings from Everest:

Motherboard 34 °C (93 °F)
CPU 26 °C (79 °F)
Aux 33 °C (91 °F)
GPU 48 °C (118 °F)
Seagate ST380011A 30 °C (86 °F)

I think the main problem here is your graphic card....check if it is installed properly onto the mobo...nxt check for any old graphic drivers in the computer...uninstall if any and freshly install the new card's graphic drivers... The main problem here can be oly related to ur gfx card so finally even if u are not able to find the gfx drivers, reinstall ur os and install the graphic drivers...