Cpu cooler! Amd 965!

mrhobo

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
Names jon trying to find the best air cooler for my cpu.....alright lets get down to my comp spects
AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor currently at 3.8 200x19
ATI Radeon HD 4870 1gb Dimaond(if it madders)(no over clock)
8gb 1066 at 2.1
750 gb sata Hd
windows 7 ultimate
all on a gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H with i believe bios f6
haf 932

ok so first off i found out easy tune 6 is a horrid temp monitor..... said i was runing at like 30-40*c find out the truth is im almost at 60*c on full load of prime the max for my cpu. i currently have an after market coolmaster heat sink with a push pull. i know its not the 212 or what not. so here is my first question....
What do you guys recomend as the best heat sink for this cpu? ive been all over the forums every where and still cant make up my mind. i wanted the h50 but come to find out air is going to be just as good. i do not care about noise at all. come on now... i have the 4870 fan runing at 60% that should be my loudest part for ever i think. so here are some ive been looking at.
Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler (so far looking like the winner)
Titan "Limited Edition" Fenrir Universal CPU Cooler(looks really cool matches my case color lol,havent herd any thing about it tho)
•Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme(really liking this one from what every one saids,also if you like this one what are some super high speed fans for it?)
•Xigmatek Thor's Hammer S126384
•OCZ Vendetta 2 OCZTVEND2
•3R-System IceAge Prima Boss-II IA-120B2(like it but cant find it any where)

more heat pipes better? idk

BUT please let me know what you guys are runing.... i really need help picking this out. im am trying to get this cpu to 1.5v at 200x20 just cant get the temps down with my current cooler. charts are much appreated. i want the best cooler i can get. short of going to a big old water cooling system. not in the budget for that.

also for the heat sink does it madder if the copper tubes are flush with the cpu or does the brick method with the copper tubes not showing work just as good?

should prob put this in another post.... but for mostly gaming will i need to increase my NB for this cpu?
thank you for your time

help me find my super cooling heat sink :D please back up your post with reliable information. or with your own screen shots. im looking for something to keep me way below 60*c cause they say max for my cpu is like 65*c.
sorry for the spelling errors im uber tired been looking all day at forums and what not about coolers and have given up. again thank you for your time

Jon

mrhobo

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
thank you for the fast response so outa those three what you think would be the best push pull set up? also should i just go with the titan cause it looks bad ass and preforms better then the h50? i like the noctua but 80 bucks for a few degrees seems a bit extreme.... the thermalright alone is 60 bucks with no fans but then again at this point any thing under 100 is nice. thank you again.

Even with a Hyper 212+ you can get better temps against the H50. Now, the Titan is also very good in price/performance. The Thermalright Venomous X is very good, but u have listed the Ultra 120 extreme that isn't as good as the Venomous X.

mrhobo

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
i see currently im running like a ghetto 212 lol its like the smaller verison. so would you go with the extreme or the titan i guess is the final question i mean is there going to be a huge diffrents? also with these big honking things will i need to support it with say fish line tied to the top of the case or will it be fine on my mother board? cant believe the h50 is so much for how little it preforms.

now totaly off topic but i found out that Cooler Master Aquagate Max Liquid cooling system is only 150. now would this crank my heat down? i dont think ill get it but just looking at it for a water cooler i aways thought it was like 200+ 150 for a cool master water cooler seems pretty good deal although i have seen nothing for charts let alone if it will fit on the amd2+ clips

IMO the Titan is the best option and fit in ur case perfectly.

Now, for the Aquagate IMO is good, but is very basic. A very good LCS can handle the CPU, GPU and NB without problems, but that LCS are very expensive.

mrhobo

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
yeah i was really thinking about the titan but come to find out no where you can buy it will offer a refund and newegg does not have the Special edition.( the red/ black) so im currently waiting on my friend to get back to me on a custom water cooling system. some site he has. one of the best tech guys i know. but im pretty sure ima go with Noctua NH-D14 even tho the fans look discusting horrid color choice.... might try and paint them idk...... but so far i havent see much comparing it to any thing else.... no charts or anything i really liked the titan but for that kinda money and it only preform 7*c better then the 20$ hyper 212.... i cant see throwing that money out the door.... so unless you got some information about the Noctua NH-D14 that can make some one hate it lol... i would not mind save me from wasteing the money im going to go with Noctua NH-D14 or a water cooling system..... just want to get it done soon cause i dont want to clock my cpu down i want to get it too 4ghz!! soon lol. so i can game. and that involves putting 1.5volts to the cpu. and my current fan cannot keep the temps down so if you got more info on the Noctua NH-D14 let me know. but ill get back to you tomorrow to see what my homie saids about the water cooling after we price it out. he also said the aquagate wasnt too good said it was cheap..

Also last question is the northbridge on this cpu in the cpu or still on the mother board and is it worth clocking it up its at the stock 2000 but idk if its on the cpu or not. i dont know much out side of clocking up my cpu lol.