Which one to choose?

mamw93

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
I wouldn't get either. ASUS makes great mobo's and netbooks but their focus isn't going to be on PSU's so it won't be as good as an Ultra PSU or maybe a Corsair. Same goes for Cooler Master with their cases and stuff. Go to TigerDirect.com or Newegg.com and get either an Ultra, Corsair, Thermaltake, or Apevia PSU.

far004

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
One of the above is active PFC and the other is non-PFC. What difference does it make???

And here in my area only ASUS, cooler-master and corsair are available. But corsair is very expensive. So, any recommendations???

far004

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
Expensive enough to surpass my budget :(
I can afford anything between $70-$80 and the corsair one is well over $100 in my area.

What about the PFC? What difference does it make???

andy99998

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
Corsair are great great psu's seem to always be winning awards for them, found these on froogle: www.krzcomputers.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22_33&products_id=475
www.krzcomputers.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22_33&products_id=474
http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?quicklinx=4Q0T

Most of them are about £70-£80 not sure what that is in dollars though!

Save up some more money and get the Corsair.

The CM you linked to is not good, it's a 500 watt psu with a 600 watt label .

The Asus is a little better build wise, but is not reccomended for a system with a video card such as the GTS 250.

You speak in US dollars, where are you located ?

@mamw93,
Do us a favor and don't mention Ultra or Apevia in the same sentence as Corsair or Thermaltake.
The only decent Ultra's are the X3's and they are priced above the OP's budget, if you like Apevia that's your choice.

^+1 for the Apevia thing.
Now I'm even more depressed. The rails actually look pretty clean until tests five and CL1 where the 3.3V promptly goes out of spec, hitting an abominable 80mV at one point. The ATX spec is 50mV. I'm sorry, Apevia, but my princess is in another castle.
From, jhonnyguru. This is for a 900W Apevia.