  • USB
  • Devices
  • Windows XP
April 11, 2004 7:04:37 AM

Hello fellow forum participants,
I have a Plug and Play problem as described herein.

I have a brand new notebook pc (Pentium 4, DVD/CDRW-Drive,
USB Storage Key, etc. No floppy drive)) that comes with
pre-installed Win XP Home Edition. Everything works
perfectly, and interchanging USB devices wasn't a problem
with its Plug and Play feature. Devices get registered.

I reformated the hard disk and installed Win XP Pro
instead. Everything works except for the Plug and Play
feature.

The machine wouldn't register any devices attached to its
USB port after it has booted up. To use any USB devices,
these have to be connected to the computer before it boots
up. That certainly isn't Plug and Play. Any clues as to how
to overcome this error? Is it driver or machine problem?
The latter is ruled out since it worked.

Thanks
Longlati

More about : winxp pro plug play problem

April 13, 2004 3:24:10 PM

Go into your system BIOS and make sure that the Plug and
play detection is enabled. The manufacturer may have
disabled it after they built the system.

Anonymous
April 22, 2004 11:07:11 PM

Some systems may require the installation of a chipset driver; check with
your notebook manufacturer to see if this is the case with your system. (Or,
just check their website for such a driver.)

--
Please reply in newsgroup.

!