Best video card for sims2?

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

I find myself needing to replace my video card because the old one is
dying. I've had a 64MB DDR GEFORCE4 TI 4200. Performance has been good,
but it seems to be better on my daughter's machine- I understand this
could be due to other factors than the video card but I might as well
get a better one if I can afford it. Whats the most important factor I
should look for?

- 64mb vs 128 mb
- geforce 4 vs some other number or some other manufacturer
- 4200 vs a higher number
- or something else entirely?

--
---->Sagittaria<----

If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

We had a geforce4 mx 460 and a 440 both 64 mb
To my wifes machine i installed a gforce fx 5500 128 mbit for 80 euro wow
what a difference
BUT if you dl a lot or will buy a expansion pack make it 256 mb hope to
buy one myself soon ;-)

thats my opinion :)

"Sagittaria" <sagittaria.nntp@emailias.com> wrote in message
>I find myself needing to replace my video card because the old one is
> dying. I've had a 64MB DDR GEFORCE4 TI 4200. Performance has been good,
> but it seems to be better on my daughter's machine- I understand this
> could be due to other factors than the video card but I might as well
> get a better one if I can afford it. Whats the most important factor I
> should look for?
>
> - 64mb vs 128 mb
> - geforce 4 vs some other number or some other manufacturer
> - 4200 vs a higher number
> - or something else entirely?

Make sire you don't fall into the same trap I have.

I also am running a 4200 with 54MB. It works well.
I had the chance to buy a Radeon 98000 something? SE. I think. My computer
didn;t have enough power to fire up the new board.
Had to get a new power supply. 8(
Still extra power will be handy for the future...

Personally I will be glad to say bye-bye to Nvidea and hello Radeon again.
Just my preference though.

Granny.