Best video card for sims2?

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

I find myself needing to replace my video card because the old one is
dying. I've had a 64MB DDR GEFORCE4 TI 4200. Performance has been good,
but it seems to be better on my daughter's machine- I understand this
could be due to other factors than the video card but I might as well
get a better one if I can afford it. Whats the most important factor I
should look for?

- 64mb vs 128 mb
- geforce 4 vs some other number or some other manufacturer
- 4200 vs a higher number
- or something else entirely?

--
---->Sagittaria<----

If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.
2
answers
Last reply
More about best video card sims2
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    We had a geforce4 mx 460 and a 440 both 64 mb
    To my wifes machine i installed a gforce fx 5500 128 mbit for 80 euro wow
    what a difference
    BUT if you dl a lot or will buy a expansion pack make it 256 mb hope to
    buy one myself soon ;-)

    thats my opinion :-)

    "Sagittaria" <sagittaria.nntp@emailias.com> wrote in message
    >I find myself needing to replace my video card because the old one is
    > dying. I've had a 64MB DDR GEFORCE4 TI 4200. Performance has been good,
    > but it seems to be better on my daughter's machine- I understand this
    > could be due to other factors than the video card but I might as well
    > get a better one if I can afford it. Whats the most important factor I
    > should look for?
    >
    > - 64mb vs 128 mb
    > - geforce 4 vs some other number or some other manufacturer
    > - 4200 vs a higher number
    > - or something else entirely?

    Make sire you don't fall into the same trap I have.

    I also am running a 4200 with 54MB. It works well.
    I had the chance to buy a Radeon 98000 something? SE. I think. My computer
    didn;t have enough power to fire up the new board.
    Had to get a new power supply. 8(
    Still extra power will be handy for the future...

    Personally I will be glad to say bye-bye to Nvidea and hello Radeon again.
    Just my preference though.

    Granny.

Sims Graphics Cards Games Video Games