Sign in with
Your question

Cooler Master Hyper 212+ with backplate or not?

Last response: in Overclocking
May 15, 2010 9:36:49 PM

Cooler Master Hyper 212+, with backplate or not?

I read somewhere how is better to be mounted without backplate, how with backplate can damage mobo. Also on another topic i read how is denger with backplate.

Now i don't know what to do, i look for 212+ and TX3. TX3 only becouse is with push pins and i look review he's good cooler. Hyper TX3 is a small version of Hyper 212+ and temp is not soo diferent. If temps on idle with 212+ is 28C with TX3 is 31C and on load 48c with 54C on some reviews.

Please tell me, how is better way to be mounted 212+ and is TX3 good enought for i5 750, i'm not some heavy overclocker?
a b K Overclocking
May 15, 2010 9:52:14 PM

The 212+ should probably be mounted using the backplate -- mainly because of the size and weight of it - the stock backplate was not designed to hold that much weight and it could cause a problem if the Heatsink were to snap off of the stock MOBO backplate. --- the only way it could damage the MOBO with the new backplate is if it is not installed properly (be sure to follow the directions and use the rubber washers in the correct places to avoid a short and all will be fine !)

That said - the I5-750 is a 95W TDP chip so the TX3 should also work fine (once you get up to 120W and above CPUs then it has a hard time keeping up with the heat dissipation but for 100W and under CPU's the temps with the TX3 will stay almost the same as with the 212+ - so really either one would be fine for you and the TX3 does not require the backplate since it is slightly lighter due to the smaller size.
May 15, 2010 10:23:33 PM

JDFan said:
The 212+ should probably be mounted using the backplate -- mainly because of the size and weight of it - the stock backplate was not designed to hold that much weight and it could cause a problem if the Heatsink were to snap off of the stock MOBO backplate. --- the only way it could damage the MOBO with the new backplate is if it is not installed properly (be sure to follow the directions and use the rubber washers in the correct places to avoid a short and all will be fine !)

That said - the I5-750 is a 95W TDP chip so the TX3 should also work fine (once you get up to 120W and above CPUs then it has a hard time keeping up with the heat dissipation but for 100W and under CPU's the temps with the TX3 will stay almost the same as with the 212+ - so really either one would be fine for you and the TX3 does not require the backplate since it is slightly lighter due to the smaller size.

Yes you'r right, i look some review and temps with TX3 and 212+ almost the same. But when i5 is overclocked then have diference, 212+ is better choice. I'm not a overclocker and i think TX3 will be good cooler for i5 750 on stock speed :) 
Related resources
a c 295 K Overclocking
May 15, 2010 11:59:11 PM

U can see here a little guide for install the Hyper 212+
May 16, 2010 12:59:48 AM

saint19 said:
U can see here a little guide for install the Hyper 212+

Thnx saint19, it's helpful.......
a c 295 K Overclocking
May 16, 2010 1:11:22 AM

Any time, that's why we are here.
!