Complete newbie with a new rig and not sure on overclocking

Formation of Damnation

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2010
I got a new system on monday this week and finally figured how to get into the bios today. i poked around inside and changed one thing in the AI section and got a blue screen. changed what i did back and fixed. I'd like to try overclocking but not sure on the steps and what i need to get into in the bios section. i have a phenom II x3 2.8ghz Heka BE with the m4a89gtd pro usb 3.0 board. stock cooler for now. got a rosewill challenger case too with three fans. i know i might sound stupid. i'm sure i'm not the only one. i'm sure i can overclock so some degree with a stock cooler. thank you.

Solution
Erm, why do you figure you "need" to overclock?I figure that system should handle more then you can throw at it *mind you i have no clue what vid card you got*As a "newb" get used to your new PC, play some games and generally grow into it before you start poking around in the bios.But if you really want to overclock then do as japps2 suggests........

japps2

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
check out the stickies at the top of the overclocking threads. they will walk you through everything. Keep in mind that you void all warranties once you start overclocking...so educate yourself before you start changing settings.

hosereh

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
Erm, why do you figure you "need" to overclock?I figure that system should handle more then you can throw at it *mind you i have no clue what vid card you got*As a "newb" get used to your new PC, play some games and generally grow into it before you start poking around in the bios.But if you really want to overclock then do as japps2 suggests........

Solution