Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Which Board is Better

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
April 29, 2009 4:29:11 AM

Can you tell me which of these boards is better for my system:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


System Specs:


Case: Dell Vostro 200 case(getting thermaltake v9 black edition in a month)
Motherboard: Foxconn G33MO2
Processor: Intell core 2 duo E8400 3.0ghz
Memory: 4gb PNY
Power Supply: Rosewill 630watts
Monitor: Dell 22" 1680x1050

More about : board

a b V Motherboard
April 29, 2009 8:42:12 AM

gkay09 said:
Well I dont think investing that much money on those boards is worth it...And are you using a graphics card or using the video output from the motherboard?
Get any of these boards instead...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


He's probably looking for a CrossFire board and WOW I had no idea Asus could still charge $190 for a P45 (discount chipset) motherboard.

I'd go with this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
April 29, 2009 8:54:04 AM

:p  yes $190 for a P45 board...that is nearly the cost of a X58 mobo...
I had suggested the ASUS with the crossfire support and the Gigabyte board if he isn't going for crossfire...
As for the board you have suggested, it has a solid layout and very good features but it seems to be failing at a higher rate...mayb ASRock should look into it...
a b V Motherboard
April 29, 2009 12:16:12 PM

gkay09 said:
:p  yes $190 for a P45 board...that is nearly the cost of a X58 mobo...
I had suggested the ASUS with the crossfire support and the Gigabyte board if he isn't going for crossfire...
As for the board you have suggested, it has a solid layout and very good features but it seems to be failing at a higher rate...mayb ASRock should look into it...


That's odd, I haven't had any problems with mine...
April 29, 2009 12:31:17 PM

sorry about not posting my gpu. I have a Asus 4890 and will probably be going crossfire later sometime though.

I want a good board between that price range.
April 29, 2009 9:11:39 PM

I kind of want a board that runs at both pci express 2.0 at x16 and not one at x16 and the other x8.
a b V Motherboard
April 29, 2009 9:52:14 PM

stoph007 said:
I kind of want a board that runs at both pci express 2.0 at x16 and not one at x16 and the other x8.


Then you have to cross off the P45 board from your original list.
April 29, 2009 10:02:20 PM

I think I'll go with the GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P board unless you have other recommendation.
a b V Motherboard
April 29, 2009 11:17:43 PM

stoph007 said:
I think I'll go with the GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P board unless you have other recommendation.


The P45 chipset has 16 PCI-Express 2.0 pathways for the graphics card, which are split in x8 mode across two slots.

I thought you wanted two x16 slots?
April 30, 2009 12:58:38 AM

I was going to go with it unless someone has a better recommendation.
a b V Motherboard
April 30, 2009 4:59:19 AM

stoph007 said:
I was going to go with it unless someone has a better recommendation.


EP45-UD3P is a great board, and with PCIe 2.0 doubling bandwidth 8x should be more than enough for any GPU, for a while to come. But if you really have your heart set on two full x16 slots, you need an X48 or X38 chipset.
April 30, 2009 12:31:05 PM

okay. Thank you
!