How to Change Clothes in Sims 2?

This is probably a stupid question, but when I click on the dresser and say
"plan outfit", I can't choose another outfit. How do I change?

Jenn
12 answers Last reply
More about change clothes sims

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 01:47:49 GMT, "Jenn" <jlh-nospam@houston.rr.com>
    wrote:

    >This is probably a stupid question, but when I click on the dresser and say
    >"plan outfit", I can't choose another outfit. How do I change?

    First, you need to have some outfits. Go to a Community lot that has
    a clothing store and buy some.

    Second, you need to have room in front of the dresser. I had this
    problem recently. There seemed to be room, and I didn't get a thought
    bubble showing that there wasn't, but the Plan Outfit dropped out of
    their queue every time. So I moved a bed to a different location, and
    they were able to Plan Outfit.

    BW

    <barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 01:47:49 GMT, "Jenn" <jlh-nospam@houston.rr.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>This is probably a stupid question, but when I click on the dresser and
    >>say
    >>"plan outfit", I can't choose another outfit. How do I change?
    >
    > First, you need to have some outfits. Go to a Community lot that has
    > a clothing store and buy some.
    >
    > Second, you need to have room in front of the dresser. I had this
    > problem recently. There seemed to be room, and I didn't get a thought
    > bubble showing that there wasn't, but the Plan Outfit dropped out of
    > their queue every time. So I moved a bed to a different location, and
    > they were able to Plan Outfit.
    >
    > BW

    Thanks! So how does this work if I download skins? Do I need to buy the
    outfit that I downloaded? Or does buying trigger that?
    Yeah I can hit Plan Outfit, so I guess I have enough room. Those dressers
    are pretty big though!

    Jenn

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 03:16:10 GMT, "Jenn" <jlh-nospam@houston.rr.com>
    wrote:

    ><barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 01:47:49 GMT, "Jenn" <jlh-nospam@houston.rr.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>This is probably a stupid question, but when I click on the dresser and
    >>>say
    >>>"plan outfit", I can't choose another outfit. How do I change?
    >>
    >> First, you need to have some outfits. Go to a Community lot that has
    >> a clothing store and buy some.
    >>
    >> Second, you need to have room in front of the dresser. I had this
    >> problem recently. There seemed to be room, and I didn't get a thought
    >> bubble showing that there wasn't, but the Plan Outfit dropped out of
    >> their queue every time. So I moved a bed to a different location, and
    >> they were able to Plan Outfit.
    >
    >Thanks! So how does this work if I download skins? Do I need to buy the
    >outfit that I downloaded? Or does buying trigger that?

    You need to buy the outfit.

    >Yeah I can hit Plan Outfit, so I guess I have enough room. Those dressers
    >are pretty big though!

    I got the Plan Outfit option when I didn't have room, but it
    disappeared from their queue. It took me ages to figure out the
    problem, because they didn't get the wall icon in a thought bubble,
    the way they usually do if they're blocked.

    The dressers are ridiculously big. At www.modthesims2.com, I got some
    one-tile ones that look like counters, and one that looks like the
    clothes that they buy at a shop, which you can put on a table.

    I think that's also where I got the shop-at-home items, which are
    buyable clothing racks, counters, cash register, etc. that you can set
    up on a home lot and have Sims buy clothing there. You can then sell
    those when you're done or keep a little store on your lot. You have
    to use the moveobjects cheat to get rid of the cashier after you sell
    the cash register, etc.

    BW

    Jenn wrote:

    ><barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 01:47:49 GMT, "Jenn" <jlh-nospam@houston.rr.com>
    >>wrote:
    >>

    >>>This is probably a stupid question, but when I click on the dresser and
    >>>say
    >>>"plan outfit", I can't choose another outfit. How do I change?
    >>>

    >>First, you need to have some outfits. Go to a Community lot that has
    >>a clothing store and buy some.
    >>
    >>Second, you need to have room in front of the dresser. I had this
    >>problem recently. There seemed to be room, and I didn't get a thought
    >>bubble showing that there wasn't, but the Plan Outfit dropped out of
    >>their queue every time. So I moved a bed to a different location, and
    >>they were able to Plan Outfit.
    >>
    >>BW
    >>

    >Thanks! So how does this work if I download skins? Do I need to buy the
    >outfit that I downloaded? Or does buying trigger that?
    >Yeah I can hit Plan Outfit, so I guess I have enough room. Those dressers
    >are pretty big though!
    >
    >Jenn

    When you download skins, you can find them in Bodyshop or CAS (Create a
    Sim screen), but you have to buy subsequent clothing from the Community
    lots, as for the dressers, here are some smaller ones, and my favourite
    a "pile of clothes" dresser from Merola's Simchaotics
    http://www.simchaotics.com/
    second button down to your left. HTH

    -- Sandra
    "More hay, Trigger?" "No thanks, Roy, I'm stuffed!"

    ..

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:44:16 GMT, Sanantone
    <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >Jenn wrote:
    >
    >><barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message

    >>>First, you need to have some outfits. Go to a Community lot that has
    >>>a clothing store and buy some.
    >>>
    >>>Second, you need to have room in front of the dresser. I had this
    >>>problem recently. There seemed to be room, and I didn't get a thought
    >>>bubble showing that there wasn't, but the Plan Outfit dropped out of
    >>>their queue every time. So I moved a bed to a different location, and
    >>>they were able to Plan Outfit.
    >>>
    >>>BW
    >>>

    >>Thanks! So how does this work if I download skins? Do I need to buy the
    >>outfit that I downloaded? Or does buying trigger that?
    >>Yeah I can hit Plan Outfit, so I guess I have enough room. Those dressers
    >>are pretty big though!
    >>

    >When you download skins, you can find them in Bodyshop or CAS (Create a
    >Sim screen), but you have to buy subsequent clothing from the Community
    >lots, as for the dressers, here are some smaller ones, and my favourite
    >a "pile of clothes" dresser from Merola's Simchaotics
    >http://www.simchaotics.com/
    >second button down to your left. HTH

    Yay, I just found out, right before reading your post, that the
    dressers are now on Merola's site. In fact, I was coming back here to
    add this info. to my previous post.

    I'm hoping some day, when the mesh problem has been solved, to have a
    messy pile of clothes that functions as a dresser.

    BW

    barbara@bookpro.com wrote:

    >On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:44:16 GMT, Sanantone
    ><shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >

    >>Jenn wrote:
    >>

    >>><barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message

    >>>Thanks! So how does this work if I download skins? Do I need to buy the
    >>>outfit that I downloaded? Or does buying trigger that?
    >>>Yeah I can hit Plan Outfit, so I guess I have enough room. Those dressers
    >>>are pretty big though!
    >>>

    >>When you download skins, you can find them in Bodyshop or CAS (Create a
    >>Sim screen), but you have to buy subsequent clothing from the Community
    >>lots, as for the dressers, here are some smaller ones, and my favourite
    >>a "pile of clothes" dresser from Merola's Simchaotics
    >>http://www.simchaotics.com/
    >>second button down to your left. HTH
    >>

    >Yay, I just found out, right before reading your post, that the
    >dressers are now on Merola's site. In fact, I was coming back here to
    >add this info. to my previous post.
    >
    >I'm hoping some day, when the mesh problem has been solved, to have a
    >messy pile of clothes that functions as a dresser.
    >
    >BW

    The Beta program for meshing has been released at MTS2,
    http://meshtool.modthesims2.com/ we can look forward to different
    shaped objects now,(and maybe skins and hair) have you seen this large
    table by simsuncensored http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=41465
    I've downloaded it and now I'm off to try it.lol

    > The Beta program for meshing has been released at MTS2,
    > http://meshtool.modthesims2.com/ we can look forward to different
    > shaped objects now,(and maybe skins and hair) have you seen this large
    > table by simsuncensored
    > http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=41465 I've downloaded it
    > and now I'm off to try it.lol

    That table is great for large families or parties, but I'd like to see a
    variety of one tile tables that can be used in small kitchens. All we've
    got in the game is that cheesy looking card table that reminds me of the
    Newbies. I really miss my bistro tables!

    Jeanie

    On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:33:04 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:

    >> The Beta program for meshing has been released at MTS2,
    >> http://meshtool.modthesims2.com/ we can look forward to different
    >> shaped objects now,(and maybe skins and hair) have you seen this large
    >> table by simsuncensored
    >> http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=41465 I've downloaded it
    >> and now I'm off to try it.lol
    >
    >That table is great for large families or parties, but I'd like to see a
    >variety of one tile tables that can be used in small kitchens. All we've
    >got in the game is that cheesy looking card table that reminds me of the
    >Newbies. I really miss my bistro tables!

    I hear ya! I was trying to fix up Nina Caliente's kitchen the other
    night, and my choices were the cheesy table with the Formica top or
    the one-tile outdoor table. I definitely want more one-tile tables.

    As for new objects, I also snagged the Sims 1 style cheap TV from
    www.modthesims2.com, though I haven't tried it in the game yet.

    BW

    barbara@bookpro.com wrote:

    >On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:33:04 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:
    >

    >>>The Beta program for meshing has been released at MTS2,
    >>>http://meshtool.modthesims2.com/ we can look forward to different
    >>>shaped objects now,(and maybe skins and hair) have you seen this large
    >>>table by simsuncensored
    >>>http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=41465 I've downloaded it
    >>>and now I'm off to try it.lol
    >>>

    >>That table is great for large families or parties, but I'd like to see a
    >>variety of one tile tables that can be used in small kitchens. All we've
    >>got in the game is that cheesy looking card table that reminds me of the
    >>Newbies. I really miss my bistro tables!
    >>

    >I hear ya! I was trying to fix up Nina Caliente's kitchen the other
    >night, and my choices were the cheesy table with the Formica top or
    >the one-tile outdoor table. I definitely want more one-tile tables.
    >
    >As for new objects, I also snagged the Sims 1 style cheap TV from
    >www.modthesims2.com, though I haven't tried it in the game yet.
    >
    >BW

    Now that the mesh tool has been released someone will make those little
    bistro tables, I liked them too(the round ones), have you seen the grand
    piano at MTS2 (the one made of wood) it looks and works great in the
    game(I missed the grand piano) I didn't get the little television, I
    never used the one in The Sims, I like the big sets.

    ---Sandra

    "sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

    <clip>

    I didn't get the little television, I
    > never used the one in The Sims, I like the big sets.
    >
    > ---Sandra

    Smaller TV useful for sticking at the end of the bed when the blighters have
    flue, though. 8(
    It was the only way I could get Homer to relax. Typical.

    Granny.
  11. Jenn you've got to go to a clothing store in your town and buy some clothes for your sim. Then you'll be able to plan your outfit. If it doesn't work then something might be wrong with your game! Or you can sell your dresser and buy a new one and see if that works! I had that problem to!!! THATS NOT A STUPID QUESTION AT ALL!!!!!!!! These ideas of my helped me!!!!! You can try them if you want!

    Jaiceejean
  12. @danyellebuddy --- You do realize this thread was last posted in 5 years ago !! -- doubt she is still trying to figure this one out !

Sims Games Video Games