How to Change Clothes in Sims 2?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
January 30, 2005 4:47:49 AM

This is probably a stupid question, but when I click on the dresser and say
"plan outfit", I can't choose another outfit. How do I change?

Jenn

More about : change clothes sims

Anonymous
January 30, 2005 4:47:50 AM

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 01:47:49 GMT, "Jenn" <jlh-nospam@houston.rr.com>
wrote:

>This is probably a stupid question, but when I click on the dresser and say
>"plan outfit", I can't choose another outfit. How do I change?

First, you need to have some outfits. Go to a Community lot that has
a clothing store and buy some.

Second, you need to have room in front of the dresser. I had this
problem recently. There seemed to be room, and I didn't get a thought
bubble showing that there wasn't, but the Plan Outfit dropped out of
their queue every time. So I moved a bed to a different location, and
they were able to Plan Outfit.

BW
January 30, 2005 6:16:10 AM

<barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 01:47:49 GMT, "Jenn" <jlh-nospam@houston.rr.com>
> wrote:
>
>>This is probably a stupid question, but when I click on the dresser and
>>say
>>"plan outfit", I can't choose another outfit. How do I change?
>
> First, you need to have some outfits. Go to a Community lot that has
> a clothing store and buy some.
>
> Second, you need to have room in front of the dresser. I had this
> problem recently. There seemed to be room, and I didn't get a thought
> bubble showing that there wasn't, but the Plan Outfit dropped out of
> their queue every time. So I moved a bed to a different location, and
> they were able to Plan Outfit.
>
> BW

Thanks! So how does this work if I download skins? Do I need to buy the
outfit that I downloaded? Or does buying trigger that?
Yeah I can hit Plan Outfit, so I guess I have enough room. Those dressers
are pretty big though!

Jenn
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 11:48:26 AM

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 03:16:10 GMT, "Jenn" <jlh-nospam@houston.rr.com>
wrote:

><barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 01:47:49 GMT, "Jenn" <jlh-nospam@houston.rr.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>This is probably a stupid question, but when I click on the dresser and
>>>say
>>>"plan outfit", I can't choose another outfit. How do I change?
>>
>> First, you need to have some outfits. Go to a Community lot that has
>> a clothing store and buy some.
>>
>> Second, you need to have room in front of the dresser. I had this
>> problem recently. There seemed to be room, and I didn't get a thought
>> bubble showing that there wasn't, but the Plan Outfit dropped out of
>> their queue every time. So I moved a bed to a different location, and
>> they were able to Plan Outfit.
>
>Thanks! So how does this work if I download skins? Do I need to buy the
>outfit that I downloaded? Or does buying trigger that?

You need to buy the outfit.

>Yeah I can hit Plan Outfit, so I guess I have enough room. Those dressers
>are pretty big though!

I got the Plan Outfit option when I didn't have room, but it
disappeared from their queue. It took me ages to figure out the
problem, because they didn't get the wall icon in a thought bubble,
the way they usually do if they're blocked.

The dressers are ridiculously big. At www.modthesims2.com, I got some
one-tile ones that look like counters, and one that looks like the
clothes that they buy at a shop, which you can put on a table.

I think that's also where I got the shop-at-home items, which are
buyable clothing racks, counters, cash register, etc. that you can set
up on a home lot and have Sims buy clothing there. You can then sell
those when you're done or keep a little store on your lot. You have
to use the moveobjects cheat to get rid of the cashier after you sell
the cash register, etc.

BW
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 4:44:16 PM

Jenn wrote:

><barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
>

>>On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 01:47:49 GMT, "Jenn" <jlh-nospam@houston.rr.com>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>This is probably a stupid question, but when I click on the dresser and
>>>say
>>>"plan outfit", I can't choose another outfit. How do I change?
>>>

>>First, you need to have some outfits. Go to a Community lot that has
>>a clothing store and buy some.
>>
>>Second, you need to have room in front of the dresser. I had this
>>problem recently. There seemed to be room, and I didn't get a thought
>>bubble showing that there wasn't, but the Plan Outfit dropped out of
>>their queue every time. So I moved a bed to a different location, and
>>they were able to Plan Outfit.
>>
>>BW
>>

>Thanks! So how does this work if I download skins? Do I need to buy the
>outfit that I downloaded? Or does buying trigger that?
>Yeah I can hit Plan Outfit, so I guess I have enough room. Those dressers
>are pretty big though!
>
>Jenn

When you download skins, you can find them in Bodyshop or CAS (Create a
Sim screen), but you have to buy subsequent clothing from the Community
lots, as for the dressers, here are some smaller ones, and my favourite
a "pile of clothes" dresser from Merola's Simchaotics
http://www.simchaotics.com/
second button down to your left. HTH

-- Sandra
"More hay, Trigger?" "No thanks, Roy, I'm stuffed!"

..
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 4:44:17 PM

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:44:16 GMT, Sanantone
<shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>Jenn wrote:
>
>><barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message

>>>First, you need to have some outfits. Go to a Community lot that has
>>>a clothing store and buy some.
>>>
>>>Second, you need to have room in front of the dresser. I had this
>>>problem recently. There seemed to be room, and I didn't get a thought
>>>bubble showing that there wasn't, but the Plan Outfit dropped out of
>>>their queue every time. So I moved a bed to a different location, and
>>>they were able to Plan Outfit.
>>>
>>>BW
>>>

>>Thanks! So how does this work if I download skins? Do I need to buy the
>>outfit that I downloaded? Or does buying trigger that?
>>Yeah I can hit Plan Outfit, so I guess I have enough room. Those dressers
>>are pretty big though!
>>

>When you download skins, you can find them in Bodyshop or CAS (Create a
>Sim screen), but you have to buy subsequent clothing from the Community
>lots, as for the dressers, here are some smaller ones, and my favourite
>a "pile of clothes" dresser from Merola's Simchaotics
>http://www.simchaotics.com/
>second button down to your left. HTH

Yay, I just found out, right before reading your post, that the
dressers are now on Merola's site. In fact, I was coming back here to
add this info. to my previous post.

I'm hoping some day, when the mesh problem has been solved, to have a
messy pile of clothes that functions as a dresser.

BW
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 6:57:19 PM

barbara@bookpro.com wrote:

>On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:44:16 GMT, Sanantone
><shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>Jenn wrote:
>>

>>><barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message

>>>Thanks! So how does this work if I download skins? Do I need to buy the
>>>outfit that I downloaded? Or does buying trigger that?
>>>Yeah I can hit Plan Outfit, so I guess I have enough room. Those dressers
>>>are pretty big though!
>>>

>>When you download skins, you can find them in Bodyshop or CAS (Create a
>>Sim screen), but you have to buy subsequent clothing from the Community
>>lots, as for the dressers, here are some smaller ones, and my favourite
>>a "pile of clothes" dresser from Merola's Simchaotics
>>http://www.simchaotics.com/
>>second button down to your left. HTH
>>

>Yay, I just found out, right before reading your post, that the
>dressers are now on Merola's site. In fact, I was coming back here to
>add this info. to my previous post.
>
>I'm hoping some day, when the mesh problem has been solved, to have a
>messy pile of clothes that functions as a dresser.
>
>BW

The Beta program for meshing has been released at MTS2,
http://meshtool.modthesims2.com/ we can look forward to different
shaped objects now,(and maybe skins and hair) have you seen this large
table by simsuncensored http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=41465
I've downloaded it and now I'm off to try it.lol
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 8:33:04 PM

> The Beta program for meshing has been released at MTS2,
> http://meshtool.modthesims2.com/ we can look forward to different
> shaped objects now,(and maybe skins and hair) have you seen this large
> table by simsuncensored
> http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=41465 I've downloaded it
> and now I'm off to try it.lol

That table is great for large families or parties, but I'd like to see a
variety of one tile tables that can be used in small kitchens. All we've
got in the game is that cheesy looking card table that reminds me of the
Newbies. I really miss my bistro tables!

Jeanie
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 8:33:05 PM

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:33:04 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:

>> The Beta program for meshing has been released at MTS2,
>> http://meshtool.modthesims2.com/ we can look forward to different
>> shaped objects now,(and maybe skins and hair) have you seen this large
>> table by simsuncensored
>> http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=41465 I've downloaded it
>> and now I'm off to try it.lol
>
>That table is great for large families or parties, but I'd like to see a
>variety of one tile tables that can be used in small kitchens. All we've
>got in the game is that cheesy looking card table that reminds me of the
>Newbies. I really miss my bistro tables!

I hear ya! I was trying to fix up Nina Caliente's kitchen the other
night, and my choices were the cheesy table with the Formica top or
the one-tile outdoor table. I definitely want more one-tile tables.

As for new objects, I also snagged the Sims 1 style cheap TV from
www.modthesims2.com, though I haven't tried it in the game yet.

BW
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 11:59:02 PM

barbara@bookpro.com wrote:

>On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:33:04 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:
>

>>>The Beta program for meshing has been released at MTS2,
>>>http://meshtool.modthesims2.com/ we can look forward to different
>>>shaped objects now,(and maybe skins and hair) have you seen this large
>>>table by simsuncensored
>>>http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=41465 I've downloaded it
>>>and now I'm off to try it.lol
>>>

>>That table is great for large families or parties, but I'd like to see a
>>variety of one tile tables that can be used in small kitchens. All we've
>>got in the game is that cheesy looking card table that reminds me of the
>>Newbies. I really miss my bistro tables!
>>

>I hear ya! I was trying to fix up Nina Caliente's kitchen the other
>night, and my choices were the cheesy table with the Formica top or
>the one-tile outdoor table. I definitely want more one-tile tables.
>
>As for new objects, I also snagged the Sims 1 style cheap TV from
>www.modthesims2.com, though I haven't tried it in the game yet.
>
>BW

Now that the mesh tool has been released someone will make those little
bistro tables, I liked them too(the round ones), have you seen the grand
piano at MTS2 (the one made of wood) it looks and works great in the
game(I missed the grand piano) I didn't get the little television, I
never used the one in The Sims, I like the big sets.

---Sandra
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 2:20:11 AM

"sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

<clip>

I didn't get the little television, I
> never used the one in The Sims, I like the big sets.
>
> ---Sandra

Smaller TV useful for sticking at the end of the bed when the blighters have
flue, though. 8(
It was the only way I could get Homer to relax. Typical.

Granny.
Anonymous
June 5, 2010 2:14:05 PM

Jenn you've got to go to a clothing store in your town and buy some clothes for your sim. Then you'll be able to plan your outfit. If it doesn't work then something might be wrong with your game! Or you can sell your dresser and buy a new one and see if that works! I had that problem to!!! THATS NOT A STUPID QUESTION AT ALL!!!!!!!! These ideas of my helped me!!!!! You can try them if you want!

Jaiceejean
June 5, 2010 4:10:44 PM

@danyellebuddy --- You do realize this thread was last posted in 5 years ago !! -- doubt she is still trying to figure this one out !
!