Overclocking 9950 BE

rukphys

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
Hello Everyone -

I have been trying to overclock for the past few days and I have had 0 luck.

Here is my setup:

AMD Phenom 9950 BE 140W (35 idle, 48 load)
Corsair H50 Cooling unit
MSI K9N SLI V2 (BIOS ver 1.2)
9800GTX+
8GB Kingston KVR800D2N6/2G 6-6-6-18 1.8V
Thermaltake TR2 RX-850 PSU

No matter what I try, I cannot over clock my 9950 at all. Even with all stock settings, when I set the multiplier to just 13.5 - the system locks up after 10 or so.

I have spent countless hours tyring several different CPU voltages, FSB settings, and multipliers but I am not able to get it stable. I have tried all the different settings in baby steps, but I havent gotten anywhere.

The highest I can get without getting a BSOD before loading windows is roughly over 2.9 - but it will lock up within 30 seconds.

I have not been successful at trying to get it to boot into windows while it is at 3.0 . I have tried just altering the multiplier, or the FSB while changing the CPU voltage, but i keep getting a BSOD before windows loads.

I've read the overclocking guide which suggest I manually set the factory voltage and timing for my RAM, but even with it set manually to 1.8V it will still lock up with any type of overclocking to the CPU. Oddly enough though, by default the board sets the RAM voltage to 1.9, which has always been stable before.

Any advice would really be appreaciated! Thanks