Need some help with my new 4830

abz

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2008
Just purchased a R4830 T2D512 OC from new egg and I am having problems. I purchased this card as a upgrade to my on board graphics in my gateway.
My Comp
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
Memory: 3 GB
Power Supply: 450 watt Antec Smart Power

My comp meets all the requirement and I don't think I am a total computer idiot as I have built myself multiple computers before but when I followed the instructions on installing the 4830 and installed the driver it didn't work. After I got the driver installed and I restarted the computer I am taken through a slow loop that asks me if I want to start in safe mode or start windows normally but I can't make a choice. Then it tries to start windows normally and I get a blue screen that disappears very quickly and I start the whole process over again. The blue screen says something about incompatible drivers.

Any help would be appreciated

abz

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2008
Yes I did unistall the old video drivers and I basiclly just started over by trying to install the video card from the begining. I took out the ATI drivers that came on the disk and installed the newest drivers from the AMD/ATI website. I still get the same error, a blue screen that says something about atikmdag.sys