[noob] Zire 72 programs for windows?

August 3, 2005 6:27:25 AM

hi, I borrow's me friend's Zire 72.
I wish to use it reading Ebook and taking photos.
he did not give me any manuel or wire. I manage to connect it through
bluetooth.
and install Palm desktop 4.2 and I don't have an SD card.
So my questions are:
1. I can't transfer photos to PC with palm desktop 4.2 (downloaded from
palm.com) what program did I need to install on windows ?
2. what program did I need to read ebooks? do I need a transfer program on
palm and on PC as well ?

Thank you mate, any input are welcome.
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 6:29:19 AM

And oh, if possible, i would like to read PDFs too. although not important.

my main problem is I don't know how to send files to the palm or get files.
August 3, 2005 8:58:26 PM

°ªRay wrote:
> hi, I borrow's me friend's Zire 72.
> I wish to use it reading Ebook and taking photos.
> he did not give me any manuel or wire. I manage to connect it through
> bluetooth.
> and install Palm desktop 4.2 and I don't have an SD card.
> So my questions are:
> 1. I can't transfer photos to PC with palm desktop 4.2 (downloaded from
> palm.com) what program did I need to install on windows ?
> 2. what program did I need to read ebooks? do I need a transfer program on
> palm and on PC as well ?
>
> Thank you mate, any input are welcome.

What sort of ebooks? Adobe Reader for Palm is available but you need to
first convert the PDF on your PC so it can be read by the PDA version.

Isilo < http://www.isilo.com > and Plucker < http://www.plkr.org > are
two popular formats.

Free ebooks are available for these formats at various sites like
www.memoware.com

--
Regards,
Sparx

Composed on: 03 Aug 05 @ 16:58 IST
I'm using Thunderbird 1.0.6 and GnuPG v 1.41 + Enigmail 0.92

GnuPG Public Key - > http://tinyurl.com/3nfhk <-
August 3, 2005 8:58:27 PM

Ray wrote:
>> hi, I borrow's me friend's Zire 72.
>> I wish to use it reading Ebook and taking photos.
>> he did not give me any manuel or wire. I manage to connect it through
>> bluetooth.
>> and install Palm desktop 4.2 and I don't have an SD card.
>> So my questions are:
>> 1. I can't transfer photos to PC with palm desktop 4.2 (downloaded from
>> palm.com) what program did I need to install on windows ?
>> 2. what program did I need to read ebooks? do I need a transfer program
>> on
>> palm and on PC as well ?
>>
>> Thank you mate, any input are welcome.
>>

> What sort of ebooks? Adobe Reader for Palm is available but you need to
> first convert the PDF on your PC so it can be read by the PDA version.
>
> Isilo < http://www.isilo.com > and Plucker < http://www.plkr.org > are
> two popular formats.
>
> Free ebooks are available for these formats at various sites like
> www.memoware.com
>
> --
> Regards,
> Sparx
>
> Composed on: 03 Aug 05 @ 16:58 IST
> I'm using Thunderbird 1.0.6 and GnuPG v 1.41 + Enigmail 0.92
>
> GnuPG Public Key - > http://tinyurl.com/3nfhk <-

not important for the PDF, what kind of ebook exist ?
I just want to read Novel.
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 9:27:15 PM

°ªRay wrote:
> Ray wrote:
>
>>>hi, I borrow's me friend's Zire 72.
>>>I wish to use it reading Ebook and taking photos.
>>>he did not give me any manuel or wire. I manage to connect it through
>>>bluetooth.
>>>and install Palm desktop 4.2 and I don't have an SD card.
>>>So my questions are:
>>>1. I can't transfer photos to PC with palm desktop 4.2 (downloaded from
>>>palm.com) what program did I need to install on windows ?
>>>2. what program did I need to read ebooks? do I need a transfer program
>>>on
>>>palm and on PC as well ?
>>>
>>>Thank you mate, any input are welcome.
>>>

>>What sort of ebooks? Adobe Reader for Palm is available but you need to
>>first convert the PDF on your PC so it can be read by the PDA version.
>>
>>Isilo < http://www.isilo.com > and Plucker < http://www.plkr.org > are
>>two popular formats.
>>
>>Free ebooks are available for these formats at various sites like
>>www.memoware.com
>>
>>--
>>Regards,
>>Sparx
>>
>>Composed on: 03 Aug 05 @ 16:58 IST
>>I'm using Thunderbird 1.0.6 and GnuPG v 1.41 + Enigmail 0.92
>>
>>GnuPG Public Key - > http://tinyurl.com/3nfhk <-
>

> not important for the PDF, what kind of ebook exist ?
> I just want to read Novel.

Many kinds of ebooks exist. They are in many formats, and need readers.
The Zire probably has a reader installed that reads Palm's own format.
Free books and education at www.memoware.com.

I agree about Plucker. Also, Plucker Converter to make those awful Palm
PDF books into something more friendly to read.
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 5:19:44 PM

°ªRay wrote:

>>>What sort of ebooks? Adobe Reader for Palm is available but you need to
>>>first convert the PDF on your PC so it can be read by the PDA version.
>>>
>>>Isilo < http://www.isilo.com > and Plucker < http://www.plkr.org > are
>>>two popular formats.
>>>
>>>Free ebooks are available for these formats at various sites like
>>>www.memoware.com
>>>
>>>--
>>>Regards,
>>>Sparx
>>>
>>>Composed on: 03 Aug 05 @ 16:58 IST
>>>I'm using Thunderbird 1.0.6 and GnuPG v 1.41 + Enigmail 0.92
>>>
>>>GnuPG Public Key - > http://tinyurl.com/3nfhk <-
>>

>> not important for the PDF, what kind of ebook exist ?
>> I just want to read Novel.
> Many kinds of ebooks exist. They are in many formats, and need readers.
> The Zire probably has a reader installed that reads Palm's own format.
> Free books and education at www.memoware.com.
>
> I agree about Plucker. Also, Plucker Converter to make those awful Palm
> PDF books into something more friendly to read.

thank you, I manage to get the ebook done.
but how to send pictures to computer ? I didn't have the orginal CD with me.
can you recommand a software on windows that can get the pictures ?
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 11:53:02 AM

°ªRay wrote:
> °ªRay wrote:

>>>not important for the PDF, what kind of ebook exist ?
>>>I just want to read Novel.
>>
>>Many kinds of ebooks exist. They are in many formats, and need readers.
>>The Zire probably has a reader installed that reads Palm's own format.
>>Free books and education at www.memoware.com.
>>
>>I agree about Plucker. Also, Plucker Converter to make those awful Palm
>>PDF books into something more friendly to read.
>

> thank you, I manage to get the ebook done.
> but how to send pictures to computer ? I didn't have the orginal CD with me.
> can you recommand a software on windows that can get the pictures ?

I'm not sure. Plucker has that "convert" function on a PC, and that
includes pictures. If you don't have pictures for an e-book, I don't
know how you can obtain them separately.
!