Last response: in Overclocking
May 17, 2010 6:17:07 PM

I have decided to build my own PC for gaming purpose , "Not a serous one !"

The processor is Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield 2.8GHz "LGA 1156 "

There are many members here had recommended this one :

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus = 30$

I also heard about this one :

ZALMAN CNPS10X Quiet Silent CPU Cooler ~50$

Is it deserve pushing my budget for it ?

Finally , how to remove the thermal paste which is comes originally on the processor ?

And what is the best method to apply this paste ARCTIC COOLING MX-3 Thermal Compound - MX-3 ?

Shall I apply it in both the processor & the heatsink ?

May 17, 2010 7:00:08 PM

u may wanna look into something like the corsare h50 its around 80$
Related resources
May 17, 2010 10:50:22 PM

Thank you dear ,

I'm not considering the water cooling at all , because I don't have a time for the maintenance ,as you know the water cooling system requires intention ,

a c 183 K Overclocking
May 18, 2010 12:24:33 AM

The COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus is an excellent choice for price and performance. As for paste removal simply use isopropyl alcohol or a ready made alcohol wipe to remove residue from your cpu. You only need to apply paste to the heat sink in small dabs covering the area in a grid or a pea sized dab in the middle.
I have an i7-860 and it's cooled with a Thermalright MUX-120 which is very quite with the supplied fan it retails for around $50.But you cant't go wrong with the Hyper 212 just installed one on a new i-3 530 build.
May 18, 2010 11:33:47 AM

Davcon & arterius2 Thank you both of you ,,

I think I'll stick with COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 ,,
May 19, 2010 1:05:44 AM

The best way I've found to remove TIM is to let the machine run for a minute or two (not really all that necessary), turn it off and unmount the HSF and use a coffee filter to wipe away the TIM. I don't see any reason to use isopropyl alcohol unless you're planning on shining it up to sell it.
!