Phenom 955 high temps on hwmonitor

myoffive

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
I'm running AMD Phenom II 955, I keep everything on: speedfan, core temp & hwmonitor. It's been twice now that I noticed on the Max (hwmonitor) that it shows 120C. I'm a little worried. I never catch it while the temp goes up because the fan isn't loud, no signs whatsoever.

hwmonitor.jpg

This is not a snapshot from my Phenom but the part I squared is where it shows high temperature. The other temps are average except for that part.
I have 4 fans all total including the heat sink. My case is Cooler Master Elite 310.

All my extra fans are 120mm and I have one on the front (in), side window (out), rear (out). I switched the rear fan to a 4-pin fan because it seems to have better airflow than the 3-pin but I was afraid that was the problem so I've switched it back to the 3-pin and letting the computer run right now so I can check later.

I heard something about 3dmark? Can someone tell me what to do?
Thanks!

myoffive

Distinguished
May 17, 2010

For some reason my reply didn't post. I'm using the newest version 1.16.
I took a snapshot yesterday:
hightemp.png

The computer is running fine and it never shows 120C on the icon right bottom. I'm not playing games, just watching movies so the highest temperature I've seen is 45C.

myoffive

Distinguished
May 17, 2010

Stick cooler? do you mean stock cooler? :)
I'm not sure why the monitor showed that so I'll try to keep an eye on it.
Thank you for your help :)

myoffive

Distinguished
May 17, 2010

Thank you. This forum has helped me more than another so-called computer forum and that's all I'm gonna say.
Thanks again. I already bought the processor so I'm just waiting for it to get here in the mail. :)