Solved

Phenom 955 high temps on hwmonitor

Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Phenom
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
May 17, 2010 6:41:32 PM

I'm running AMD Phenom II 955, I keep everything on: speedfan, core temp & hwmonitor. It's been twice now that I noticed on the Max (hwmonitor) that it shows 120C. I'm a little worried. I never catch it while the temp goes up because the fan isn't loud, no signs whatsoever.

This is not a snapshot from my Phenom but the part I squared is where it shows high temperature. The other temps are average except for that part.
I have 4 fans all total including the heat sink. My case is Cooler Master Elite 310.

All my extra fans are 120mm and I have one on the front (in), side window (out), rear (out). I switched the rear fan to a 4-pin fan because it seems to have better airflow than the 3-pin but I was afraid that was the problem so I've switched it back to the 3-pin and letting the computer run right now so I can check later.

I heard something about 3dmark? Can someone tell me what to do?
Thanks!

More about : phenom 955 high temps hwmonitor

May 17, 2010 6:52:11 PM

3 mark is only to help u see what ur computer will score.. is ur computer running funny?.. im not shure what thoes temps are but ur cpu seems fine
m
l
a c 296 K Overclocking
May 17, 2010 9:42:16 PM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

U shouldn't worried, since if that temps was it true ur CPU should be dead right now. Now, u have a good airflow and a good case. What hwmonitor version are u using?
m
l
Related resources
May 19, 2010 1:30:07 AM

saint19 said:
Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

U shouldn't worried, since if that temps was it true ur CPU should be dead right now. Now, u have a good airflow and a good case. What hwmonitor version are u using?

For some reason my reply didn't post. I'm using the newest version 1.16.
I took a snapshot yesterday:

The computer is running fine and it never shows 120C on the icon right bottom. I'm not playing games, just watching movies so the highest temperature I've seen is 45C.
m
l

Best solution

a c 296 K Overclocking
May 19, 2010 2:10:59 AM

Ur temps seems fine for my, my temps are 28C but I'm using a Hyper 212+, I assume that u are using the stick cooler.
May 19, 2010 4:19:31 AM

Best answer selected by myoffive.
m
l
May 19, 2010 4:19:37 AM

saint19 said:
Ur temps seems fine for my, my temps are 28C but I'm using a Hyper 212+, I assume that u are using the stick cooler.

Stick cooler? do you mean stock cooler? :) 
I'm not sure why the monitor showed that so I'll try to keep an eye on it.
Thank you for your help :) 
m
l
a c 296 K Overclocking
May 19, 2010 4:34:02 AM

My bad, yeah it's stock cooler and if u need more help come back to the forum, we are here to help to u.
m
l
May 19, 2010 5:47:44 PM

saint19 said:
My bad, yeah it's stock cooler and if u need more help come back to the forum, we are here to help to u.

Thank you. This forum has helped me more than another so-called computer forum and that's all I'm gonna say.
Thanks again. I already bought the processor so I'm just waiting for it to get here in the mail. :) 
m
l
a c 296 K Overclocking
May 19, 2010 7:41:07 PM

Any time, that's why we are here. Enjoy ur rig.
m
l
!