theroar

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
Just built a new box with a Phenom 720 BE, Asrock Extreme 3 870, 4850 VC, 4 gig G skill etc. and a Kingston V series 64gig SSD.

LOVING THE System. Boots in less than 30 seconds to win7. Unlocked the 4th core. =)

All good till I run the Windows Experience test.

Low point of my scores is a 6.8... for the SSD.

I have 3 other drives in the box, but it is booting off the SSD. Seems odd that one of the sweetest componenets in my rig is the lowest score...

Any tips? Thanks for your time.

Mike

Sphinx4311

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
Well Truth be told, the Kingston V-Series is the one of the slower ssd's it would be considered a mainstream ssd. Not the fastest, but not the slowest. My WEI Score for the Disk Read is 7.7 but I have Vertex 2 which is a high preformance ssd. Your isnt bad by far just not the fastest. It is one of the slower ssd's but the price is alot more afordable than the others.

theroar

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
Cool. I was finding that to be the answer as I was searching through stuff. It sure is cool to hit the power on and have the system be usable in less than 30 seconds.

Thanks tons for your time!

Mike

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Ha...30 seconds. My Intel 80GB G2 boots windows+logs my account in 9 seconds (after a fresh install its 7 seconds)...my bios is another 10 seconds. My comps usable in 20seconds after pressing power button. And BTW no matter how slow your SSD is...its leagues faster than any HDD. Don't worry about the experience index. If you like performance...just enjoy your computer, less worries and more fun. And my Intel SSD scores 7.7 or 7.8 on w7 experience index.

sub mesa

Distinguished
JMicron won't do that good in the benchmarks; especially regarding random writes. But it is true most of benefits of SSD you already get with a cheap one.

To see how fast your SSD really is, use benchmarks like AS SSD and CrystalDiskMark.