Help w/ 1090T OC

G

I recently purchased the following:

AMD 1090T - Thermaltake SpinQ Cooler

COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GPBlack- I have added a 120mm TriCool fan to this

ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 AM3 AMD 870

CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS.

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ

XFX HD-575X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16.

-----

I'm not a serious gamer, but would like to push the CPU a little further than stock for encoding reasons. I am very new to the idea of overclocking and reading the forums has me more confused than educated. Each post contains bit of information re: setup, but never all settings. I am looking to get a stable 3.6-4GHz from the chip and it seems as though it should be easy. Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction to make this happen. Thank you for your efforts in advance!!!

Just look up a few guides on overclocking the Phenom II X4, the two CPUs overclock in the same fashion. It's quite difficult to provide all the specific settings, you'd be much better off learning how to overclock yourself, understanding what the terms mean and thus you can overclock other AMD based computers later on too.

Oh yeah, just make sure that your temps to not go above 55°C full load, using Prime 95, and do not go over 1.5V for the vCore. (CPU voltage)