GA-EP43-UD3L Problem wont even post

blickquickly

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
I just got my GA EP43-UD3L mobo. When I set it up, all it does is turn on, beep constantly (as in one uber long, solid, never ending beep) and then turn off. Then it turns on again and does the same thing, then turns off and repeats. The 4 "phase" LEDs are not green. the first 2 are green, the 3rd is orange and the 4th is red. WTH is going on here? This isnt my first build and Id like to think that while I am no expert by any means, I can build a computer...

Mobo: GA-EP-43-UD3L
CPU: Intel 2.4gHz Quad Core
Video: EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS
Ram: Corsair DDR2 1G X4

Any ideas here?

UPDATE: Apparently removing and reinserting my video card several times has made that evil beep go away, but it is still rebooting itself over and over..

blickquickly

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
Yes of course I did...and after re-seattings the beep did go away. However, after loosening the cooling slab (Im using a Cool-it M-tec liquid cooler), it has stopped re-booting over and over. However I have moved my monitor back to this computer so I can get some help. Im not sure what its doing at the moment. Its booting. the 2 green 1 orange and 1 red "Phase LED" still light up. But its late now, so I will wait for tomorrow to see what its doing. Another update will be on its way.

blickquickly

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
Well....Im glad to say that after I let the computer sit over night, it booted up more or less exactly like it was suppose to. WEIRD! everything seems to be functioning correctly. I got all the drivers off the disk that came with the mobo and I am currently using said computer to type this up. I'm still curious if anyone else has ever seen these Mobos behave in this fashion? LMK.

BQ