orcutt989

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
Hey everyone. This is my first post by the way so I'd like to thank you all for your help in advance. I recently purchased the "GIGABYTE GA-MA790FXT-UD5P AM3 DDR3 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboad" and a Phenom II x4 from newegg last week with some Kingston DDR3. I've overclocked the 2.6Ghz Phenom II to about 3.6Ghz with no problem, but I've reached an obvious bottleneck with my cheaper RAM. The Kingston DDR3 will not go above 1333 period. I increase the FSB, and as soon as the RAM clock goes passed 1333 the bios locks up. I was just wondering if somebody might suggest me the best [for overclocking] 2x2gb set of DDR3 that I could buy, and then maybe a mid-range set [for overclocking]. Thanks!

The ram I bought by the way ways this..
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134792

r_manic

Administrator
I'm not really sure, but I think you're not overclocking your memory properly. Read the stickies in the overclocking section of the forum for advice on overclocking memory.

orcutt989

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
I'll take a look at those stickies though. I mean I lower the multiplier for the RAM clock as low as it will go [about 4x or something] so that I can up the FSB.

I've never purchased Gskill before. Willl it open the bottleneck so to speak?