Please Check My System Build

falconhr92

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2008
Hi,

I am building a new system, my first build.

Here are the specs,

RAM: Geil 3x2GB DDR3 133mhz
MOBO: MSI Eclipse
CPU: i7 920
Graphics: XFX GTX 260
Case: Coolermaster HAF 932
PSU: Antec true power quattro 850w modular
DVD: Phillips 20x DVD drive
HDD: 1TB Samsung 32mb cache
CPU Cooling: Noctua pro cpu cooler
OCZ freeze extreme themal conductivity thermal paste

can anyone see any problems with this?

jesseheichertiii

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008
not bad at all man, for your first build thats pretty nice

but dump the OCZ thermal paste and get Arctic Silver Pro 5

Way better thermal conductivity.

Than you're set

enjoy those new sexy i7's =]

jesseheichertiii

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008
ah actually i found something you could change, get rid of that power quattro PSU which im sure is crazy expensive and get an Antec Signature PSU

amazing quality

jesseheichertiii

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008

Oh yeah, first off, either get an Anti-Static wrist band so while handling your hardware you don't cause an electrostatic charge to possibly damage any of it.
If not, do what i do, when you mount the Power Supply in your case, plug it into the wall, and touch any non-painted metal surface of the case, and you'll be "grounded" and itll be safe to touch everything. Just do it every once in a while, while building, you'll be fine.

Other than that, to make it easier, just put the RAM, CPU/CPU Heatsink/Fan and video card in the motherboard before you put it inside of your case, makes things a little easier.

Make sure to place the Motherboard, when doing so, on the anti-static bag (clear black one) that it comes in while handling it.

Hmmm... When you get all your new shiney boxes, calm down, dont get too excited and giggity, and rush into building and mess something up 'cause you cant wait to use it.

Do it slowly, carefully, and professionally, and thats what your resulting PC will be.

Its relatively easy to build a PC. Like putting an electro-static sensetive puzzle together, just be careful and read the manuals and you'll be fine.