Visiontek 5850

I have tried the switching of the config. file in msi afterburner to allow me to overclock my visiontek 5850 past the ccc limits but after i save the new settings and restart afterburner, everything freezes and i have to restart my computer----does anyone have any answers or suggestions ? i know i could get alot more out of my cards but cant find a way---any advice or help would be greatly appreciated---
2 answers Last reply
More about visiontek 5850
  1. If your OC settings are freezing the computer, it's too much for your card. What are you setting the core and mem to? On stock volts a lot of people can't go over around 850 core and 1200 mem, which is a lot. I was able to push my core up higher with more voltage, up to 985 core with 1.225V (stock is 1.087V I think).

Also, did you make sure to un-tick the ATI Overdrive box in CCC?
  2. after i change the cng. file i cant oc at all----even trying 726 core it freezes ???? and i double checked but yes i un-ticked it----but i mean if i run afterburner without changing anything i can oc with it up to thee ccc limits --- as soon asi change the 0 to a 1 and save it and restart it---any oc i try completely freezez my rig up andi have to restart it ???
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Overclocking Visiontek Configuration