360sagacious

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
Hey Guys,

I have a problem with a PC i built. I seem to have trouble booting up to bios. It freezes at the black screen with the Intel logo and "Press delete to enter bios..."etc. For it to boot properly I have to clear my cmos. But when I try to do any adjustments to bios setting and save and exit the system powers down and up again freezing me back to the black Intel screen. Later on my PC became completely unresponsive. I assumed it was the mobo ( ASUS P5Q deluxe) so I ordered a new one. While I waited I tested all the components I had. Ram (OCZ 800), Video cards 4870 X2), PSU (Corsair 1000 watt) and HDD (VeloceRaptor 300G) with an older Motherboard. All cleared testing. Including the PSU I also thought may have been a prob since the power down thing after bios changes but it passed all tests. When I received my new motherboard ( Maximus Formula 2 ) and installed everything, I got the exact same problem. So what I was wondering is after eliminated all the other components as being the problem the only thing left is the the CPU (Q9300). Can the problem I'm having come from the CPU. As I said I tested all my other components and before I fork over more money I'd like to know if my problem can be caused by a bad CPU? If not, I'm totally at a loss.

Thanks in advanced

360sagacious

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
I had a older motherboard and CPU. I hooked all the components I have of my new PC to them. All ran perfectly. No stalling or anything. I also plugged them into my wife's PC I recently built for her and no problems there either.