Pentium 4 or Dual Core

Would a 3.2 G Hz processor be better at running games than a Dual Core G Hz processor?
15 answers Last reply
More about pentium dual core
  1. you'll have to give a little bit more info than that
    3.2 Ghz what? vs... ?
  2. Sorry about that the dual core is 1.8G Hz
  3. well 1.86
  4. ever hear of the phrase 2 heads are better than one? well the same goes for this
  5. P4 was never that great. It may have a higher clock but it's not going to beat even two base dual cores.
  6. If you check the charts:
    Tom's Hardware - Benchmark Windows Vista Experience Index

a 1.8GHz E2160 (dualcore) slaughters the Pentium 540 (Single @3.2GHz) in nearly everything - especially games.
  7. I would say a dual core with even that low of a clock would be better than a single P4... why only 1.8 though?
  8. ^ Yeah, I'd think the e5200 is much better value.
  9. chin311 said:
    I would say a dual core with even that low of a clock would be better than a single P4... why only 1.8 though?

i o/c it to 2.33G Hz but i wanted to know which one would be better with the core clock
  10. Any core would destroy any P4 clock for clock. I'd say at least double the performance.
  11. Even the Pentium D's, which are basically 2 Pentium 4 glued on the same die, get slaughtered by any Core2duo cpu's.
  12. The Third Level said:
    P4 was never that great. It may have a higher clock but it's not going to beat even two base dual cores.

Not only the higher clock, but the Core 2 features many new instructions that greatly boost the performance.
  13. I wouldn't get a PD anyways, imagine the power bill.
  14. amdfangirl said:
    I wouldn't get a PD anyways, imagine the power bill.

Power bill and crappy performance ! I have a PD 3.4ghz at work and it feels really slow compared to my E8400 at home.
  15. Agreed.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Pentium Processors Dual Core